Identification of 5-Axis Machine Tools Feed Drive Systems for Contouring Simulation
Burak Sencer*, and Yusuf Altintas**
*Ultraprecision Engineering Laboratory, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi 464-8603, Japan
**Manufacturing Automation Laboratory, University of British Columbia, 2054-6250 Applied Science Lane Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 Canada
-  Y. Altintas, C. Brecher, M. Weck, and S. Witt, “Virtual Machine Tool,” Annals of CIRP, 54/1, pp. 651-673, 2005.
-  K. Erkorkmaz, Y. Altintas and C.-H. Yeung, “Virtual computer numerical control system,” Annals of CIRP 55/1, pp. 399-402, 2006.
-  R. Sato and M. Tsutsumi, “Modeling, and Controller Tuning Techniques for Feed Drive Systems,” Proc. of the ASME-IMECE’05, Orlando, FL, IMECE2005-80596, 2005.
-  E. D. Tung and M. Tomizuka, “Feed-Forward Tracking Controller Design Based on the Identification of Low Frequency Dynamics,” J. of Dynamic Systems Measurement and Control – Trans. of the ASME, Vol.115, Issue 3, pp. 348-356, 1993.
-  K. Erkorkmaz and Y. Altintas, “High Speed CNC System Design: Part II – Modeling and Identification of Feed Drives,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.41, Issue 10, pp. 1487-1509, 2010.
-  Y. Altintas and B. Sencer, “Identification of 5-Axis Machine Tool Feed Drive Systems for Contouring Simulation,” 4th CIRP Int. Conf. on High Performance Cutting, Gifu-Japan, 24-26 October, 2009.
-  K. Erkorkmaz and W. Wong, “Rapid Identification Technique for Virtual CNC Drives,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manu, Vol.47, pp. 1381-1392, 2007.
-  R. C. Eberhart and J. Kennedy, “A New Optimizer Using Particle Swarm Theory,” Proc. of 6th Int. Symp. on Micromachine Human Sci., Vol.1, pp. 39-43, 1995.
-  B. Sencer, Y. Altintas, and E. A. Croft, “Modeling and Control of Contouring Errors for Five-Axis Machine Tools. Part I – Modeling,” Trans. of ASME J. of Manu. Science and Eng., Vol.131, Issue 3, 031006, 2009.
-  L. Ljung, “System Identification: Theory for the User,” Prentice-Hall Of Canada Ltd., Englewoods Cliffs, NJ, 1998.
-  dSPACE GmbH, www.dspace.com.
-  Y. Altintas, K. Erkorkmaz, and W.-H. Zhu, “Sliding Mode Controller Design for High-Speed Drives,” Annals of CIRP 49/1, pp. 265-270, 2000.
-  O. R. Tutunea-Fatan and H. Y. Feng, “Configuration analysis of Five-Axis Machine Tools Using a Generic Kinematic Model,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.44, No.11, pp. 1235-1243, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.