Design Concept and Structural Configuration of Advanced Nano-Pattern Generator with Large Work Area “ANGEL”
Hayato Yoshioka and Hidenori Shinno
Precision and Intelligence Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259-G2-19 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8503, Japan
Industrial demands for ultra-precision machining have rapidly increased in a wide range of industries, e.g., aerospace, semiconductors, optics, molds, etc. In particular, various structured surfaces with micro- and nano-sized patterns have recently been required for advanced science and engineering fields. In order to rationally meet such requirements, it is indispensable to develop an ultra-precision machine tool with both nanometer-level machining accuracy and a large machining area. In this paper, therefore, the design concept and structural configuration of a desirable ultra-precision machine tool are proposed based on a new design concept. The machine tool developed here has a perfect non-contact structure and achieves three-dimensional nano-machining over a wide area with nanometer spatial resolution.
-  T. Moriwaki, “Multi-functional Machine Tool,” CIRP Annals, Vol.57, No.2, pp. 736-749, 2008.
-  Y. Takeuchi, Y. Sakaida, K. Sawada, and T. Sata, “Development of 5-Axis Control Ultraprecision Milling Machine for Micromachining Based on Non-Friction Servomechanism,” CIRP Annals, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 295-298, 2000.
-  P. Sriyotha, K. Nakamoto, M. Sugai, and K. Yamazaki, “Development of 5-Axis Linear Motor Driven Super-Precision Machine,” CIRP Annals, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 381-384, 2006.
-  A. A. G. Bruzzone, H. L. Costa, P. M. Lonardo, and D. A. Lucca, “Advances in Engineered Surfaces for Functional Performance,” CIRP Annals, Vol.57, No.2, pp. 750-769, 2008.
-  H. Shinno and H. Hashizume, “High Speed Nanometer Positioning Using a Hybrid Linear Motor,” CIRP Annals, Vol.50, No.1, pp. 243-246, 2001.
-  H. Shinno, H. Hashizume, H. Yoshioka, K. Komatsu, T. Shinshi, and K. Sato, “X-Y-θ Nano-Positioning Table System for a Mother Machine,” CIRP Annals, Vol.53, No.1, pp. 337-340, 2004.
-  H. Shinno, H. Yoshioka, and K. Taniguchi, “A Newly Developed Linear Motor-Driven Aerostatic X-Y Planar Motion Table System for Nano-Machining,” CIRP Annals, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 369-372, 2007.
-  M. Takahashi, H. Yoshioka, and H. Shinno, “A Newly Developed Long-Stroke Vertical Nano-Motion Platform with Gravity Compensator,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 356-365, 2008.
-  H. Yoshioka, M. Okubo, H. Hashizume, and H. Shinno, “A Developed Ultraprecision Air Spindle System for Nano-Machining,” Proc. of the ASPE 2005 Annual Meeting, Vol.37, pp. 126-129, 2005.
-  H. Shinno, H. Yoshioka, T. Gokan, and H. Sawano, “A newly Developed Three-dimensional Profile Scanner with Nanometer Spatial Resolution,” CIRP Annals, Vol.59, No.1, pp. 525-528, 2010.
-  H. Shino, H. Hashizume, and H. Yoshioka, “Sensor-less Monitoring of Cutting Force during Ultraprecision Machining,” CIRP Annals, Vol.52, No.1, pp. 303-306, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.