Microscopic Textured Surfaces for Micro-Fluidic Applications
Mayank Garg, Amit Agrawal, Ramesh K. Singh,
and Suhas S. Joshi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, 400 076, India
-  G. Ryk and I. Etsion, “Testing piston rings with partial laser surface texturing for friction reduction,” Wear 261, pp. 792-796, 2006.
-  I. Etsion, “Improving tribological performance of mechanical components by laser surface texturing,” Tribology Letters, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 733-737, 2004.
-  K. Komvopoulos and J. Adhes, “Adhesion and friction forces in microelectro-mechanical systems: mechanisms, measurement, surface modification techniques, and adhesion theory,” J. of Adhesion Sci. and Technol., Vol.17, No.4, 2003.
-  A. Lakhtakia and S. Ashok, “Analysis of textured surfaces for photovoltaics,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 96, pp. 137-146, 1997.
-  W. Barthlott and C. Neinhuis., “Purity of the sacred lotus, or escape from contamination in biological surfaces,” Planta 202, 1997.
-  T. W. Kim and B. Bhushan, “Effect of stiffness of multi-level hierarchical attachment system on adhesion enhancement,” Ultramicroscopy 107, pp. 902-912, 2007.
-  J. Ou, B. Perot, and J. P. Rothstein, “Laminar drag reduction in micro-channels using ultra-hydrophobic surfaces,” Physics of Fluid, Vol.16, No.12, 2004.
-  K. Watanabe, Yanuar, H. Udagawa, et al., “Drag reduction of Newtonian fluid in a circular pipe with a highly water-repellant wall,” J. Fluid Mech., Vol.381, pp. 225-238, 1999.
-  P.-F. Hao, C. Wong, Z.-H. Yao, K.-Q. Zhu, et al., “Laminar drag reduction in hydrophoic micro-channels,” Chem. Eng. Technol., Vol.32, No.6, pp. 912-918, 2009.
-  J. P. Hartnett, W. M. Rohsenow, and Y. I. Cho, “Handbook of heat transfer,” New York, McGraw-Hill, 5.67-5.68, 1973.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.