A System Development Approach for Electrolytic In-Process Dressing (ELID) Grinding
Tanveer Saleh* and Mustafizur Rahman**
*Research Chair for Advanced Manufacturing Technology, King Saud University, Riyadh 11421, Saudi Arabia
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119260
-  H. Ohmori and T. Nakagawa, “Analysis of Mirror Surface Generation of Hard and Brittle Materials by ELID (Electronic In-Process Dressing) Grinding with Superfine Grain Metallic Bond Wheels,” Annals of CIRP, 44/1/, pp. 287-290, 1995.
-  B. P. Bandyopadhyay, H. Ohmori, and I. Takahashi, “Efficient and stable grinding of ceramics by electrolytic in-process dressing (ELID),” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.66, pp. 18-24, 1997.
-  B. P. Bandyopadhyay and H. Ohmori, “The effect of ELID grinding on the flexural strength of silicon nitride,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.39, pp. 839-853, 1999.
-  K. Katahira, H. Ohmori, Y. Uehara, and M. Azuma, “ELID grinding characteristics and surface modifying effects of aluminum nitride (AlN) ceramics,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.45, pp. 891-896, 2005.
-  K. Katahira, Y. Watanabe, H. Ohmori, and T. Kato, “ELID grinding and tribological characteristics of TiAlN film,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.42, pp. 1307-1313, 2002.
-  C. Zhang, H. Ohmori, T. Kato, and N. Morita, “Evaluation of surface characteristics of ground CVD-SiC using cast iron bond diamond wheels,” J. of the Int. Societies for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, Vol.25, pp. 56-62, 2001.
-  J. Qian, W. Li, and H. Ohmori, “Cylindrical grinding of bearing steel with electrolytic in-process dressing,” Precision Engineering, Vol.24, pp. 153-159, 2000.
-  M. M. Islam, A. Senthil Kumar, S. Balakumar, H. S. Lim, and M. Rahman, “Performance evaluation of a newly developed electrolytic system for stable thinning of silicon wafers,” Thin Solid Films, Vol.504, pp. 15-19, 2006.
-  D. Kramer and F. Rehsteiner, “ECD (Electrochemical In-Process Controlled Dressing) a new method for grinding of modern high performance cutting materials to highest quality,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.48/1, pp. 265-268, 1999.
-  I. D. Marinescu, “Tribology of abrasive machining process,” p. 135, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.