Model Based Feedrate Scheduling for Free-Form Surface Machining
Yaman Boz, Onur Demir, and Ismail Lazoglu
Mechanical Engineering Department, Manufacturing and Automation Research Center, Koc University, Sariyer, Istanbul 34450, Turkey
-  I. Lazoglu, C. Manav, and Y. Murtezaoglu, “Toolpath optimization for freeform surface machining,” CIRP annals, Vol.58, pp. 101-104, 2009.
-  M. Kaymakci and I. Lazoglu, “Toolpath selection strategies for complex sculptured surface machining,” Machining Science and Technology, Vol.12, pp. 119-132, 2008.
-  B. U. Guzel and I. Lazoglu, “Increasing Productivity in Sculpture Surface Machining via Off-line Piecewise Variable Feedrate Scheduling Based on the Force System Model,” International Journal of Machine Tools Manufacture, Vol.44, pp. 21-28, 2004.
-  H. Erdim, I. Lazoglu, and M. Kaymakci, “Free-form Surface Machining and Comparing Feedrate Scheduling Strategies,” Machining Science and Technology, An International Journal, Taylor & Francis Group, Vol.11, Issue 1, pp. 117-133, 2007.
-  K. K.Wang, “Solid modeling for optimizing metal removal of threedimensional NC end milling,” Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol.7, pp. 57-65, 1988.
-  Z. Yazar, F. Koch, T. Merrick, and T. Altan, “Feedrate optimization based on cutting force calculations in-axis milling of dies and molds with sculptured surfaces,” International Journal ofMachine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.34, No.3, pp. 365-377, 1994.
-  H-Y., Feng and N. Su, “Integrated toolpath and feedrate optimization for the finishing machining of 3D plane surfaces,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.40, No.11, pp. 1557-1572, 2000.
-  R. B. Jerard, B. K. Fussell, J. G. Hemmett, and M. T. Ercan, “Toolpath feedrate optimization: A case study,” Proceedings of the 2000 NSF Design & Manufacturing Research Conference, Jan 3-6, 2000. Vancouver, British Columbia, 2000.
-  W. S. Yun, J. H. Ko, H. U. Lee, D. W. Cho, and F. E. Kornel, “Development of a virtual machining system, part 3: cutting process simulation in transient cuts,” International Journal ofMachine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.12, No.42, pp. 1617-1626, 2002.
-  J. H. Ko, W. S. Yun, and D. W. Cho, “Off-line feedrate scheduling using virtual CNC based on an evaluation of cutting performance,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.35, No.4, pp. 383-393, 2003.
-  M. Lim and M. C. Hsiang, “Integrated planning for precision machining of complex surfaces, Part 1: cutting-path and feedrate optimization,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.37, pp. 61-75, 1997.
-  B. Ozturk and I. Lazoglu, “Machining of Free-Form Surfaces – Part I: Analytical Chip Load,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Elsevier Science Ltd., Vol.46, pp. 728-735, 2006.
-  H. Erdim, I. Lazoglu, and B. Ozturk, “Feedrate scheduling strategies for free-form surfaces,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.46, pp. 747-757, 2006.
-  M. Kaymakci, I. Lazoglu, and Y. Murtezaoglu, “Machining of Complex Sculptured Surfaces with Feedrate Scheduling,” International Journal of Manufacturing Research, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 157-175, 2006.
-  L. Zhang, J. Feng, Y. Wang, and M. Chen, “Feedrate scheduling strategy for free-form surface machining through an integrated geometric and mechanistic model,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.40, pp. 1191-1201, 2009.
-  S. D. Merdol and Y. Altintas, “Virtual Simulation and Optimization of Milling Applications – Part II: Optimization and Feedrate Scheduling,” ASME J. Manuf. Sci. Eng., Vol.130, p. 051005, 2008.
-  S. D. Merdol and Y. Altintas, “Virtual cutting and optimization of three-axis milling processes,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.48, No.10, pp. 1063-1071, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.