FE Analysis of One-Directional and Elliptical Vibration Cutting Processes
Saeid Amini*, Eiji Shamoto**, Norikazu Suzuki**, and Mohammad Javad Nategh***
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Najafabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Najafabad, Esfahan, Iran
**Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
***Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University, Jalal-e Al-e Ahmad Boulevard, P.O. Box 14115-143, Tehran, Iran
-  J. Kumabe and M. Masuko, “Study on the ultrasonic cutting (1st report),” Trans. JSME, Vol.24, No.138, pp. 109-114, 1958 (in Japanese).
-  J. Kumabe, “Fundamentals and applications of vibration cutting,” Jikkyo publishing, Tokyo, 1979 (in Japanese).
-  T.Moriwaki, E. Shamoto, and K. Inoue, “Ultraprecision ductile cutting of glass by applying ultrasonic vibration,” Ann. CIRP, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 141-144, 1992.
-  V. I. Babitsky, A. N. Kalashnikov, and A.Meadows, “Ultrasonically assisted turning of aviation materials,” J. Mat. Proc. Tech., Vol.132, pp. 157-167, 2003.
-  E. Shamoto and T. Moriwaki, “Fundamental study on elliptical vibration cutting,” Proc. of the 8th Annual Meeting, ASPE, pp. 162-165, 1993.
-  E. Shamoto and T.Moriwaki, “Study on elliptical vibration cutting,” Ann. CIRP, Vol.43, No.1, pp. 35-38, 1994.
-  E. Shamoto, Y. Morimoto, and T. Moriwaki, “Elliptical Vibration Cutting (1st Report, Cutting Principle and Basic Performance),” J. JSPE, Vol.62, No.8, pp. 1127-1131, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  E. Shamoto, Y. Morimoto, and T. Moriwaki, “Elliptical vibration cutting (2nd Report, Study on effects of vibration conditions),” J. JSPE, Vol.65, No.3, pp. 411-417, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  E. Shamoto, C. X. Ma, and T. Moriwaki, “Elliptical vibration cutting (3rd Report, Application to three-dimensional cutting and investigation of practical effects),” J. JSPE, Vol.65, No.4, pp. 586-591, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  E. Shamoto and T. Moriwaki, “Ultaprecision Diamond Cutting of Hardened Steel by Applying Elliptical Vibration Cutting,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.48, pp. 441-444, 1999.
-  N. Suzuki, M. Haritani, J. Yang, R. Hino, and E. Shamoto, “Elliptical Vibration Cutting of Tungsten Alloy Molds for Optical Glass Parts,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.56 pp. 127-130, 2007.
-  J. Kumabe, S. Fuchizawa, T. Soutome, Y. Soutome, and Y. Nishimoto, “Ultrasonic superposition vibration cutting of ceramics,” Precision Eng., Vol.11, No.2, pp. 71-77, 1989.
-  A. V. Mitrofanov, V. I. Babitsky, and V. V. Silberschmidt, “Finite element simulations of ultrasonically assisted turning,” Computational Materials Science, Vol.28, pp. 645-653, 2003.
-  A. V. Mitrofanov, V. I. Babitsky, and V. V. Silberschmidt, “Finite element analysis of ultrasonically assisted turning of Inconel 718,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.153-154, pp. 233-239, 2004.
-  A. V. Mitrofanov, N. Ahmed, V. I. Babitsky, and V. V. Silberschmidt, “Effect of lubrication and cutting parameters on ultrasonically assisted turning of Inconel 718,” J. Mat. Proc. Tech., Vol.162-163, pp. 649-654, 2005.
-  S. Amini, H. Solaimanimehr, M. J. Nategh, A. Abodollah, and M. H. Sadeghi, “FEM analysis of ultrasonic-vibration-assisted turning and the vibratory tool,” J. Mat. Proc. Tech., Vol.20, pp. 43-47, 2008.
-  N. Ahmed, A. V. Mitrofanov, V. I. Babitsky, and V. V. Silberschmidt, “Analysis of material response to ultrasonic vibration loading in turning Inconel 718,” J. Mat. Scince. Eng., Vol.424, pp. 318-325, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.