An Accuracy-Prediction Model Taking Tool Deformation and Geometric Machine-Tool Error into Consideration
Hirohisa Narita*1, Keiichi Shirase*2, Eiji Arai*3, and Hideo Fujimoto*4
*1School of Health Sciences, Fujita Health University, 1-98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake-cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470-1192, Japan
*2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kobe University, 1-1, Rokko-dai, Nada-ku, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
*3Department of Manufacturing Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1, Yamada-oka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
*4Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
-  H. Terai, M. Hao, K. Kikkawa, and Y. Mizugaki, “Geometric Analysis of Undeformed Chip Thickness in Ball-Nosed End Milling,” International Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.47, No.1, pp. 2-7, 2004.
-  M. Fujio, H. Yagishita, and H. Suzuki, “An Application of Boundary-Map Geometric Model to the Multi-Axis NC Simulator,” Proceedings of the LEM21, pp. 819-822, 2003.
-  M. Inui and A. Ohta, “Using a GPU to Accelerate Die and Mold Fabrication,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 82-88, 2007.
-  S. Ratchev, S. Nikov, and I. Moualek, “Material Removal Simulation of Peripheral Milling of Thein Wall Low-Rigidity Structures Using FEA,” Advances in Engineering Software, Vol.35, Nos.8-9, pp. 481-491.
-  T. Inamura, T. Yasui, T. Misawa, M. Watanabe, and H. Yoshida, “An Error-model Reference Method of Static Accuracy Test for a Machining Center,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.51, No.5, pp. 1060-1067, 1985 (in Japanese).
-  P. Billingsley, “Probability and Measure Third Edition,” Wiley-Interscience, 1995.
-  Agilent Technology, “Agilent 5529A Dynamic calibrator,” 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Hayashida, K. Yamazaki, and T. Kishinami, “Study on Calculation Error of the Material Removal Volume in Z-map Based Machining Simulation,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.62, No.11, pp. 1622-1626, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  W. P. Wang and K. K. Wang, “Geometric Modeling for Swept Volume ofMoving Solids,” IEEE CG&A, Vol.6, No.12, pp. 8-17, 1986.
-  G. Yücesan and Y. Altintas, “Prediction of Ball End Milling Forces,” J. of Engineering for Industry, Trans. of ASME, Vol.118, No.1, pp. 95-103, 1996.
-  L. Kops and D. T. Vo., “Determination of the Equivalent diameter of an End mill Based on its Compliance,” Ann. of the CIRP, Vol.39, No.1, pp. 93-96, 1990.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.