An Accuracy-Prediction Model Taking Tool Deformation and Geometric Machine-Tool Error into Consideration
Hirohisa Narita*1, Keiichi Shirase*2, Eiji Arai*3, and Hideo Fujimoto*4
*1School of Health Sciences, Fujita Health University, 1-98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake-cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470-1192, Japan
*2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kobe University, 1-1, Rokko-dai, Nada-ku, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
*3Department of Manufacturing Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1, Yamada-oka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
*4Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
Test cutting used to verify cutting conditions and machining accuracy after a numeric control (NC) program is written for end milling the mold and die indispensable to manufacturing is generally effective, because it is based on trial and error. The virtual machining simulator we designed to verify machining accuracy uses an accuracy-prediction model and an error prediction expression for workpieces, integrating machine-tool deformation and geometric error models. We also propose calculation for copying errors to a workpiece.
-  H. Terai, M. Hao, K. Kikkawa, and Y. Mizugaki, “Geometric Analysis of Undeformed Chip Thickness in Ball-Nosed End Milling,” International Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.47, No.1, pp. 2-7, 2004.
-  M. Fujio, H. Yagishita, and H. Suzuki, “An Application of Boundary-Map Geometric Model to the Multi-Axis NC Simulator,” Proceedings of the LEM21, pp. 819-822, 2003.
-  M. Inui and A. Ohta, “Using a GPU to Accelerate Die and Mold Fabrication,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 82-88, 2007.
-  S. Ratchev, S. Nikov, and I. Moualek, “Material Removal Simulation of Peripheral Milling of Thein Wall Low-Rigidity Structures Using FEA,” Advances in Engineering Software, Vol.35, Nos.8-9, pp. 481-491.
-  T. Inamura, T. Yasui, T. Misawa, M. Watanabe, and H. Yoshida, “An Error-model Reference Method of Static Accuracy Test for a Machining Center,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.51, No.5, pp. 1060-1067, 1985 (in Japanese).
-  P. Billingsley, “Probability and Measure Third Edition,” Wiley-Interscience, 1995.
-  Agilent Technology, “Agilent 5529A Dynamic calibrator,” 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Hayashida, K. Yamazaki, and T. Kishinami, “Study on Calculation Error of the Material Removal Volume in Z-map Based Machining Simulation,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.62, No.11, pp. 1622-1626, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  W. P. Wang and K. K. Wang, “Geometric Modeling for Swept Volume ofMoving Solids,” IEEE CG&A, Vol.6, No.12, pp. 8-17, 1986.
-  G. Yücesan and Y. Altintas, “Prediction of Ball End Milling Forces,” J. of Engineering for Industry, Trans. of ASME, Vol.118, No.1, pp. 95-103, 1996.
-  L. Kops and D. T. Vo., “Determination of the Equivalent diameter of an End mill Based on its Compliance,” Ann. of the CIRP, Vol.39, No.1, pp. 93-96, 1990.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.