Trial Surface-Property Prediction in End-Mill Operation
Hirohisa Narita*1, Keiichi Shirase*2, Eiji Arai*3, and Hideo Fujimoto*4
*1School of Health Sciences, Fujita Health University, 1-98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake-cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470-1192, Japan
*2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kobe University, 1-1 Rokko-dai, Nada-ku, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
*3Department of Manufacturing Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1, Yamada-oka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
*4Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
-  H. Narita, L. Y. Chen, H. Fujimoto, K. Shirase, and E. Arai, “Trial-Less Machining Using Virtual Machining Simulator for Ball End Mill Operation,” Int. J. of Jpn Soc. of Mech. Eng., (Series C), Vol.49, No.1, pp. 50-55, 2006.
-  E. Budak and Y. Altintas, “Analytical Prediction of Chatter Stability in Milling – Part I: General Formulation. Trans. ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems,” Measurement and Control, Vol.120, No.1, pp. 22-30, 1998.
-  J. H. Ko and D. W. Cho, “3D Ball End Mill Force Model Using Instantaneous Cutting Force Coefficients,” Trans. ASME J. of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol.127, No.1, pp. 1-12, 2005.
-  H. Narita, K. Shirase, H. Wakamatsu, and E. Arai, “Pre-Process Evaluation of EndMilling Operation Using Virtual Machining Simulator,” Int. J. of Jpn Soc. of Mech. Eng., (Series C), Vol.43, No.2, pp. 492-497, 2000.
-  W. H. Press, S. A. Teukolsky, W. T. Vetterling and B. P. Flannery, “Numerical Recipes in C,” Cambridge University Press, 1988.
-  National Instrument home page
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.