Muscle Suit Development and Factory Application
Hiroshi Kobayashi, Takamitsu Aida, and Takuya Hashimoto
Department of Mechanical Engineering Tokyo University of Science, 1-14-6 Kudankita, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0073, Japan
-  National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health: http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/97-141/ergotxt3.html
-  European Agency for Safety and Health at Work, http://osha.europa.eu/en/publications/factsheets/9
-  H. Kazerooni, “Exoskeletons for Human Power Augmentation,” IROS2005, pp. 3120-3125, 2005.
-  T. Hayashi, H. Kawamoto, and Y. Sankai, “Control Method of Robot Suit HAL working as Operator's Muscle using Biological and Dynamical Information,” IROS2005, pp. 3455-3460, 2005.
-  K. Yamamoto, H. Hyodo, and T. Matsuo, “Powered Suit for Assisting Nurse Labor,” Fluid Power (Proc. 3rd Int. Symposium on Fluid Power), SHPS, pp. 415-420, 1996.
-  T. Koyama, M. Q. Feng, and T. Tanaka, “Wearable Human Assisting Robot for Nursing Use, Machine Intelligence and Robotic Control,” Vol.2, No.4, pp. 163-168, 2000.
-  K. Kiguchi, R. Esaki, T. Tsuruta, K. Watanabe, and T. Fukuda, “An Exoskeleton for Human Elbow and Forearm Motion Assist,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems Oct.27-31 Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A, pp. 3600-3605, 2003-10.
-  H. Kobayashi, T. Matsushita, Y. Ishida, and K. Kikuchi, “New Robot Technology Concept Applicable to Human Physical Support - The Concept and Possibility of the Muscle Suit (Wearable Muscular Support Apparatus) -,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 46-53, 2002.
-  H. Kobayashi, T. Shiiban, and Y. Ishida, “Realization of All 7 Motions for the Upper Limb by a Muscle Suit,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 504-512, 2004.
-  H. Kobayashi and H. Suzuki, “Development of a New Shoulder Mechanism for a Muscle Suit,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots & Systems (IROS'05) TAII-13, pp. 2727-2732, 2005-8.
-  K. Hiroshi and N. Hirokazu, “Development of Muscle Suit for Supporting Manual Worker,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Robot and Systems (IROS'07), pp. 1769-1774, 2007.10.
-  C. P. Chou and B. Hannaford, “Measurement and Modelling of McKibben Pneumatic Artificial Muscles,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, pp. 90-102, Feb. 1996.
-  H. F. Schulte Jr, “The characteristics of the McKibben artificial muscle. In: The Application of external power in prosthetics and orthotics,” National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council, Washington D. C., 1961.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.