Robot Vision Technology for Technologizing and Digitalization of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Skills
Norihiro Koizumi*, Hiroyuki Tsukihara**, Shinichi Takamoto**, Hiroyuki Hashizume***, and Mamoru Mitsuishi*
*School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
***Kasaoka Daiichi Hospital, 1945 Yokoshima, Kasaoka, Okayama 714-0043, Japan
We have been studying the technologizing and digitalization of skill of the medical professional in the medical diagnosis and therapy. The concept of technologizing and digitalization of medical skills is to extract functions in medical skills, reconstruct and implement those extracted functions in the mechanism/controller of the medical support system. In this paper, we explain a robot vision technology for technologizing and digitalization of medical diagnostic and therapeutic skills for the evaluation system of the post operative pericardial adhesion using cardioechography and remote ultrasound diagnostic system.
-  N. Koizumi, S. Warisawa, M. Nagoshi, H. Hashizume, and M. Mitsuishi,“Construction methodology for a remote ultrasound diagnostic system,” in IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 522-538, 2009.
-  A. Knoll, et al., “The EndoPAR System for Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2004.
-  G. Zong, et al., “Visually Servoed Suturing for Robotic Micro Surgical Keratoplasty,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), TA1-11(3), 2006.
- D. A. Duncan, Y. Yaacobi, E. P. Goldberg, et al., “Prevention of postoperative pericardial adhesions with hydrophilic polymer solutions,” J Surg Res, 45:44-9, 1988.
- S. Hayashi, Y. Wada, H. Kitahara, and M. Owa, “Pericardial adhesion shown in echocardiographic subxiphoid view in a patient with postsurgical pericardial constriction,” Circulation, 106:1022-3, 2002.
-  N. F. Osman, E. R. McVeigh, and J. L. Prince, “Imaging heart motion using harmonic phase MRI,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 19:186-202, 2000.
-  G. Wolf-Heidegger and P. Kopf-Maier, “Wolf-Heidegger Color Atlas of Human Anatomy,” Karger, S. Inc , 2003.
-  http://web.sc.itc.keio.ac.jp/anatomy/anatomy/anatomy.html
-  L. Adams, J. M. Gilsbach, W. Krybus, D. Meyer-Ebrecht, R. Mosges, and G. Schlondorff, “CAS-a navigation support for surgery,” in 3D Imaging in Medicine, Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, pp. 411-423, 1990.