Medical and Nuclear Applications of Micro Electron-Beam Linear Accelerator X-Ray Sources
Eiko Hashimoto*, Tomohiko Yamamoto*, Takuya Natsui*,
Kazuyoshi Koyama*, Kazuyuki Demachi*, Mitsuru Uesaka*,
Naoki Nakamura**, Masashi Yamamoto**, and Eiji Tanabe**
*The Department of Nuclear Engineering, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 2-22 Shirakatashirane, Tokai, Naka, Ibaraki 319-1188, Japan
**Accuthera Inc., 2-7-6 Kurigi, Asaoku, Kawasaki-city, Kanagawa 215-0033, Japan
Our group is engaged in creating an innovative system in which an X-band linac X-ray source and 12TW50fs laser technologies are applied to medical and nano-technical uses. As pioneers in medical physics for reliable and safe medical radiology, we have endeavored to develop advanced laser beam technologies for cross-sectional and fused applications in the humanities and natural sciences to yield new synergies. This paper describes the developmental outcomes we have achieved to date.
-  http://icfa/advanced and novel accelerator panel/
-  F. V. Hartemann et al., Proceedings of PAC 07, 2007.
-  F. E. Carol et. al., AJR 2003, Vol.181, pp. 1197-1202, 2003.
-  F. Sakamoto et al., “X-band thermionic cathode RF gun and multibeam Compton scattering monochromatic tunable X-ray source,” JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, Vol.49, pp. 286-297, 2006.
-  F. Sakamoto et al., “Compton Scattering Monochromatic X-ray Source based on X-band Multi-bunch linac at the University of Tokyo,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 2009 (in press).
-  Y. Taniguchi et al., “Upgrade of X-band Thermionic Cathode RFgun for Compton Scattering X-ray Source,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 2009 (in press).
-  M. Uesaka et al., “Monochromatic tunable Compton scattering Xray source using X-band multi-bunch linac and YAG laser circulation system,” Nucl. Instr. and Meth. B, Vol.261, pp. 867-870, 2007.
-  H. Taguchi et al., Abst. of The 5th KOREA-JAPAN Joint Meeting on Medical Physics, Korea, 2008.
-  M. Uesaka et. al., “Application of monochromatic keV X-ray source to X-ray drug delivery system,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 2009 (in press).
-  T. Yamamoto et al., “Development of Portable 950 keV XBand Linac for Onsite Non-Destructive Inspections,” Section of educational-industorial cooperation, the 4th lecture of the Japan Society of Maitenology, Fukui, Sangaku 06, 2007.
-  T. Natsui et al., “X-Ray Source for Portable 950 keV X-Band Linac for Onsite Non-Destructive Inspections,” Section of educationalindustorial cooperation, the 5th lecture of the Japan Society of Maitenology, Ibaraki, 2008.
-  T. Hosokai et al., “Effect of a laser prepulse on a narrow-cone ejection of MeV electrons from a gas jet irradiated by an ultrashort laser pulse,” Phys. Rev. E 67, 036407, 2003.
-  A. Zhidkov et al., “Effects of plasma density on relativistic selfinjection for electron laser wake-field accelerationm,” Phys. Plasmas., 11, 5379, 2004.
-  T. Ohkubo et al., “Effects of density gradient on short-bunch injection by wave breaking in the laser wake field acceleration,” Phys. Plasmas., 13, 033110, 2006.
-  T. Ohkubo et al., Jpn. J. Apl. Phys., 43, 1608, 2004.
-  V. Zdravkov et al., “Reentrant Superconductivity in Nb/Cu1-xNix Bilayers,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 057004, 2006.
-  N. E. Golyandina, V. V. Nekrutkin, and A. A. Zhigljavsky, “Analysis of TimeSeries Structure. SSA and Related Techniques,” Chapmap & Hall/CRC, 2001.
-  Th. Alexandrov and N. Golyandina, “Automatic extraction and forecast of time series cyclic components within the framework of SSA.”
-  K. Demachi and A. Mizuguchi, “Diagnosis of Dynamic Equipment Using SSA Method,” Proceedings of the 6th lecture of the Japan Society of Maitenology, pp. 121-124, 2009.