Medical and Nuclear Applications of Micro Electron-Beam Linear Accelerator X-Ray Sources
Eiko Hashimoto*, Tomohiko Yamamoto*, Takuya Natsui*,
Kazuyoshi Koyama*, Kazuyuki Demachi*, Mitsuru Uesaka*,
Naoki Nakamura**, Masashi Yamamoto**, and Eiji Tanabe**
*The Department of Nuclear Engineering, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 2-22 Shirakatashirane, Tokai, Naka, Ibaraki 319-1188, Japan
**Accuthera Inc., 2-7-6 Kurigi, Asaoku, Kawasaki-city, Kanagawa 215-0033, Japan
Our group is engaged in creating an innovative system in which an X-band linac X-ray source and 12TW50fs laser technologies are applied to medical and nano-technical uses. As pioneers in medical physics for reliable and safe medical radiology, we have endeavored to develop advanced laser beam technologies for cross-sectional and fused applications in the humanities and natural sciences to yield new synergies. This paper describes the developmental outcomes we have achieved to date.
Kazuyoshi Koyama, Kazuyuki Demachi, Mitsuru Uesaka,
Naoki Nakamura, Masashi Yamamoto, and Eiji Tanabe, “Medical and Nuclear Applications of Micro Electron-Beam Linear Accelerator X-Ray Sources,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.3, No.5, pp. 523-532, 2009.
-  http://icfa/advanced and novel accelerator panel/
-  F. V. Hartemann et al., Proceedings of PAC 07, 2007.
-  F. E. Carol et. al., AJR 2003, Vol.181, pp. 1197-1202, 2003.
-  F. Sakamoto et al., “X-band thermionic cathode RF gun and multibeam Compton scattering monochromatic tunable X-ray source,” JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, Vol.49, pp. 286-297, 2006.
-  F. Sakamoto et al., “Compton Scattering Monochromatic X-ray Source based on X-band Multi-bunch linac at the University of Tokyo,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 2009 (in press).
-  Y. Taniguchi et al., “Upgrade of X-band Thermionic Cathode RFgun for Compton Scattering X-ray Source,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 2009 (in press).
-  M. Uesaka et al., “Monochromatic tunable Compton scattering Xray source using X-band multi-bunch linac and YAG laser circulation system,” Nucl. Instr. and Meth. B, Vol.261, pp. 867-870, 2007.
-  H. Taguchi et al., Abst. of The 5th KOREA-JAPAN Joint Meeting on Medical Physics, Korea, 2008.
-  M. Uesaka et. al., “Application of monochromatic keV X-ray source to X-ray drug delivery system,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 2009 (in press).
-  T. Yamamoto et al., “Development of Portable 950 keV XBand Linac for Onsite Non-Destructive Inspections,” Section of educational-industorial cooperation, the 4th lecture of the Japan Society of Maitenology, Fukui, Sangaku 06, 2007.
-  T. Natsui et al., “X-Ray Source for Portable 950 keV X-Band Linac for Onsite Non-Destructive Inspections,” Section of educationalindustorial cooperation, the 5th lecture of the Japan Society of Maitenology, Ibaraki, 2008.
-  T. Hosokai et al., “Effect of a laser prepulse on a narrow-cone ejection of MeV electrons from a gas jet irradiated by an ultrashort laser pulse,” Phys. Rev. E 67, 036407, 2003.
-  A. Zhidkov et al., “Effects of plasma density on relativistic selfinjection for electron laser wake-field accelerationm,” Phys. Plasmas., 11, 5379, 2004.
-  T. Ohkubo et al., “Effects of density gradient on short-bunch injection by wave breaking in the laser wake field acceleration,” Phys. Plasmas., 13, 033110, 2006.
-  T. Ohkubo et al., Jpn. J. Apl. Phys., 43, 1608, 2004.
-  V. Zdravkov et al., “Reentrant Superconductivity in Nb/Cu1-xNix Bilayers,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 057004, 2006.
-  N. E. Golyandina, V. V. Nekrutkin, and A. A. Zhigljavsky, “Analysis of TimeSeries Structure. SSA and Related Techniques,” Chapmap & Hall/CRC, 2001.
-  Th. Alexandrov and N. Golyandina, “Automatic extraction and forecast of time series cyclic components within the framework of SSA.”
-  K. Demachi and A. Mizuguchi, “Diagnosis of Dynamic Equipment Using SSA Method,” Proceedings of the 6th lecture of the Japan Society of Maitenology, pp. 121-124, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.