In-Process Measurement of Elastic Deformation of a Large Deep-Drawing-Die with Fusion of Experiment and Numerical Analysis
Takahiro Ohashi*, Tomoaki Ando**, and Noriyuki Nakaoka**
*Kokushikan University, 3-4-1 Setagaya, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 154-8515, Japan
**Advanced Simulation Technology of Mechanics (ASTOM) R&D, Co. Ltd., 2-3-13 Minami, Wako-shi, Saitama 351-0104, Japan
We measured elastic deformation of a large deep drawing die in-process and visualized it with a fusion technique of numerical analysis and experiments with multipoint die support. We found that displacement by elastically deforming a press machine bolster is up to 0.15 mm when measured directly by displacement sensors. Lower die profile displacement for a half size fender is estimated at 0.25 mm. We numerically analyzed elastic die deformation using multipoint die support to measure and visualize deformation indirectly. We calculated reactive force distribution on the cavity surface and to know it differs with according to distribution pattern of support points, and visualized elastic deformation die patterns.
- I. Ohnaka, H. Yasuda, A. Sugiyama, and T. Ohmichi, Trans. Indian Institute of Metals, 58, 603-610, 2005.
- Y. Murata, T. Yokoi, H. Kawasaki, Journal of the Japan Society of Polymer Processing, 8-4, 249, 1996.
- Y. Murata, T. Higeta, T. Orita, Proc. Polymer Processing Symposia 2005, 185.
- M. Horihata and M. Motomura, Journal of the Japan Society of Technology of Plasticity, 30-344, 1302-1307, 1989.
- Y. Tozawa, T. Ishikawa, Mem. Fac. Eng. Nagoya Univ., 36-2, 79-117, 1984.
- J. Kihara, H. Makino, M. Shin, Journal of the Japan Society of Technology of Plasticity, 25-284, 806, 1984.
-  H. Tsutamori and F. Yoshida , Journal of the Japan Society of Technology of Plasticity, 46-532, 407-411, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.