Precision Positioning Control by Modeling Frictional Behaviors of Linear Ball Guideway
Toshiharu Tanaka*, Jiro Otsuka**, and Takaaki Oiwa***
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Toyota National College of Technology
2-1 Eisei, Toyota, Aichi 471-8525, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Shizuoka Institute of Science and Technology
2200-2 Toyosawa, Fukuroi, Shizuoka 437-8555, Japan
***Department of Mechanical Engineering, Shizuoka University
3-5-1 Johoku, Nakaku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 432-8561, Japan
Positioning devices which are composed with linear ball guideways and a linear motor are increased in recent precision positioning field. However, it is a difficult problem to achieve precision or ultra-precision positioning because rolling frictional force of the linear ball guideways is a disturbance force. Therefore, a frictional compensation is implemented by a controller. In this paper, one-axis positioning apparatus using a voice coil motor as an actuator is constructed. Moreover, several control methods are full-closed loop of measured displacement feed-back, feed-forward control of reference position and feed-forward control as like inverse transfer function using nonlinear frictional model proposed by authors. The equivalent spring constant of the nonlinear frictional model changes by the displacement. As implementing positioning tests, it is verified that the feed forward control using the nonlinear frictional model is effective for achieving the precision positioning.
- T. Oiwa et al., "Survey of Questionnaire on Ultra-precision Positioning," J. of Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.69, pp. 1077-1082, 2003.
- Y. Itou et al., "Positioning of Sub-nm Level Resolution Using New Linear Actuator and Linear Motion Ball Guideway," Proc. of Japan Society for Precision Engineering, pp. 521-522, March, 2008.
- J. Otsuka et al., "A Study on Nonlinear Spring Behavior of Rolling Elements (1st Report)," J. of Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.66, pp. 944-949, 2000.
- J. Otsuka et al., "The Influence of Nonlinear Spring Behavior of Rolling Elements on Ultraprecision Positioning Control Systems," Nanotechnology, Vol.9, pp. 85-92, 1998.
- S. Fukada et al., "Studies on Microscopic Behavior Ball Screw (1st Report)," J. of Japan Society for Precision Eng., Vol.66, pp. 1070-1075, 2000.
- K. Tsuruta et al., "Nonlinear Friction Behavior of Discontinuity at Stroke End in a Ball Guide Way," J. of Japan Society for Precision Eng., Vol.69, pp. 1759-1763, 2003.
- D. A. Haessig et al., "On the Modeling and Simulation of Friction," J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol.113, pp. 354-362, 1991.
- C. Canuda et al., "A New Model for Control of Systems with Friction," IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.40, pp. 419-425, 1995.
- N. Suda "PID Control," Asakurashoten, 1992.
- N. Koreta et al., "high Speed Feed Method of Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Using Modified Inverse Transfer Function Control," J. of Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.59, pp. 1347-1352, 1993.
- K. Terashima et al., "System Control Engineering," Asakurashoten, 2003.