A Fast Scheduler for Multiagent in a Warehouse
Jose Ildefonso U. Rubrico*, Toshimitsu Higashi**, Hirofumi Tamura***, Makoto Nikaido*, and Jun Ota*
*Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Logistics and Automation Division, Murata Machinery Ltd.
2 Nakajima, Hashizume, Inuyama-shi, Aichi, Japan
***Murata Systems, Ltd., 3 Minamiochiai-cho, Kisshoin, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan
-  J. P. van den Berg and W. H. M. Zijm, “Models for warehouse management:Classification and examples,” Int. J. Prod. Econ. 59, pp.519-528, 1999.
-  M. A. Hariga and P. E. Jackson, “The warehouse scheduling problemformulation and algorithms,” IIE Trans. 28, pp. 115-127, 1996.
-  N. Ascheuer, M. Grotschel, and A. Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Hamid, “Orderpicking in an automatic warehouse: Solving asymmetric TSPs,”Math. Methods Op. Res. 49, pp. 501-515, 1999.
-  J. A. Tompkins, et al., “Facilities Planning,” John Wiley & Sons,New York, 1996.
-  H. D. Ratliff and A. S. Rosenthal, “Order-picking in a rectangularwarehouse: A solvable case for the traveling salesman problem,”Op. Res. 31, pp. 507-521, 1983.
-  R.W. Hall, “Distance approximations for routing manual pickers ina warehouse,” IIE Trans. 25, pp. 76-87, 1993.
-  J. R. M. Gademann, J. P. Van Den Berg, and H. H. Van Der Hoff,“An order batching algorithm for wave picking in a parallel-aislewarehouse,” IIE Trans. 33, pp. 385-398, 2001.
-  S. S. Kim, R. Heragu, J. Graves, and A. St. Onge, “Intelligentagent based framework for warehouse control,” in IEEE Proc. 37thHawaii Int. Conf. on System Sciences, Hawaii, 2004.
-  P. J. Egbelu and J. M. A. Tanchoco, “Characterization of automaticguided vehicle dispatching rules,” Int. J. Prod. Res. 22, pp. 359-374,1984.
-  D. Liao and H. Fu, “Speedy delivery: A simulation-based, twophaseapproach for dynamic OHT allocation and dispatching inlarge-scale, 300mm AHMS management,” in IEEE Robotics &AutomationMagazine 11, M. Jeng, M. Zhou, and T. W. Chen (Eds.),pp. 22-32, 2004.
-  L. Qui, W.-J. Hsu, S.-H. Huang, and H. Wang, “Scheduling androuting algorithms for AGVs: A survey,” Int. J. Prod. Res. 40, pp.745-760, 2002.
-  J. I. U. Rubrico, J. Ota, T. Higashi, H. Tamura, and M. Akiyoshi,“Route generation for warehouse management using fast heuristics,”in IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems,Sendai, 2004.
-  M. Sipser, “Introduction to the Theory of Computation,” CourseTechnology, 1996.
-  C. R. Reeves, “Modern Heuristic Techniques for CombinatorialProblems,” Mcgraw Hill, 2000.
-  M. L. Fisher and R. Jaikumar, “A generalized assignment heuristicfor vehicle routing,” Networks 11, pp. 109-124, 1981.
-  M. Dror and P. Trudeau, “Split delivery routing,” Naval ResearchLogistics 37, pp. 383-402, 1990.
-  M. Dror, G. Laporte, and P. Trudeau, "Vehicle routing with splitdeliveries, Discrete Applied Mathematics 50, pp. 239-254, 1994.
-  C. Archetti, M. G. Speranza, and A. Hertz, “A Tabu Search Algorithmfor the Split Delivery Vehicle Routing Problem,” TransportationScience 40, 1, pp. 64-73, 2006.
-  P. M. Thompson and J. B. Orlin, “Theory of cyclic transfers, Working Paper No. OR 200-89,” Operations Research Center, MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1989.
-  M. R. Garey and D. S. Johnson, “Computers and Intractability,” W. H. Freeman and Co., New York, 1979.
-  J. I. U. Rubrico, J. Ota, T. Higashi, and H. Tamura, “Route assignment heuristics for picking products in a warehouse, in Human andArtificial Intelligence Systems: From Control to Autonomy,” Proc.of the 4th Int. Symp. on Human and Artifical Intelligence Systems, K. Murase, L. Jain, K. Sekiyama, T. Asakura (Eds.), Advanced Knowledge International, pp. 341-346, 2004.
-  K. J. Roodbergen and R. De Koster, “Routing Methods for Warehouses with Multiple Cross Aisles,” International Journal of Production Research, 39-9, 1865/1883, 2001.
-  R. Brooks, “A robust layered control system for a mobile robot,”IEEE J. Robotics and Automation 2, pp. 14-23, 1986.
-  Y. Koren and J. Borenstein, “Potential field methods and their inherent limitations for mobile robot navigation,” in Proc. IEEE Int.Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1398-1404, 1991.
-  J. I. U. Rubrico, J. Ota, T. Higashi, and H. Tamura, “Metaheuristic scheduling of multiple picking agents for warehouse management,” Industrial Robot, 35, 1, 58/6.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.