Modelling Product Returns Taking Sales Modes into Account
Shozo Takata and Takako Sakai
Department of Industrial and Management Systems Engineering, Waseda University, Japan
-  F. Kimura and H. Suzuki, “Product Life Cycle Modelling for Inverse Manufacturing,” Life Cycle Modelling for Innovative Products and Processes, Chapman & Hall, pp. 80-89, 1995.
-  L. B. Toktay, E. A. Van der Laan, P. De Brito, "Managing Product Returns: The Role of Forecasting,'' ERIM report series, ERS-2003-023-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management, 2003.
-  T. Tamura, M. Hasegawa, and J. Fujimoto, "Method of Estimating Amount of Collection of Used Personal Computers,'' Proc. of EcoDesign 2002 Japan Symposium, pp. 280-281, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  M. P. De Brito and R. Dekker, "Modelling Product Returns in Inventory Control -- Exploring the Validity of General Assumptions,'' International Journal of Production Economics, Vol.81, pp. 225-249, 2003.
-  M. P. De Brito and E. A. Van der Laan, "Inventory Control with Product Returns: The Impact of Imperfect Information,'' European Journal of Operational Research, 2008 (in press).
-  G. P. Kiesmuller and E. A. Van der Laan, "An Inventory Model with Dependent Product Demands and Returns,'' International Journal of Production Economics, Vol.72, pp. 73-87, 2001.
-  S. K. Srivastava and R. K. Srivastava, "Managing Product Returns for Reverse Logistics,'' International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol.36, No.7, pp. 524-546, 2006.
-  N. Sakai, Y. Shimomura, T. Tomiyama, and Y. Umeda, "Life Cycle Simulation for Inverse Manufacturing. A Study on a Product Life Cycle Model with Consumers' Behavior to Discard Products,'' Proc. of JSME Design & Systems Division Conference, pp. 263-266, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  J. Marx-Gomez, et al., "Neuro-fuzzy Approach to Forecast Returns of Scrapped Products to Recycling and Remanufacturing,'' Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol.15, pp. 119-128, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.