Development of an Electrode Motion Control Device for Curved Hole Electrical Discharge Machining
Tohru Ishida*, Yasuhito Miyake**, Koji Teramoto***, and Yoshimi Takeuchi*
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
**Production Engineering Department, TOYOTA L&F Company, Toyota Industries Corporation
2-1-1 Toyoda, Takahama, Aichi 444-1393, Japan
***Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Muroran Institute of Technology
27-1 Mizumoto, Muroran, Hokkaido 050-8585, Japan
-  H. Koresawa and H. Suzuki, “Autonomous arrangement of cooling channels layout in injection molding,” Proceedings of Annual Technical Conference '99 (ANTEC99), pp. 1073-1077, 1999.
-  M. Fukui and N. Kinoshita, “Developing a 'mole' electric discharge digging machining,” Annuals of the CIRP, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 203-206, 1989.
-  S. Ichiyasu, A. Takeuchi, K. Watanabe, A. Goto, and T. Magara, "Machining curved tunnels for coolant with mole EDM," Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Die and Mould Technology," pp. 224-230, 1997.
-  A. Goto, K. Watanabe, and A. Takeuchi, “A method to machine a curved tunnel with EDM,” International Journal of Electrical Machining, No.7, pp. 43-46, 2002.
-  T. Ishida and Y. Takeuchi, “Creation of curved holes with various curvature by means of electrical discharge machining and slider crank chains,” Proceedings of 38th CIRP International Seminar on Manufacturing Systems (CIRP-ISMS2005), CD-ROM Paper No.06007150, pp. 1-6, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.