Development of a Soft Robot with Pressure Ulcer Prevention Functions
Shoko Miyagawa*1, Ryohei Yuasa*2, Hiroyuki Nabae*3, Hidemitsu Furukawa*4, and Masaru Kawakami*4
*1Faculty of Nursing and Medical Care, Graduate School of Health Management, Keio University
4411 Endo, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa 252-0883, Japan
*2Digital Manufacturing and Design Research Center for Emergent Circularity, Keio University
5322 Endo, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa 252-0882, Japan
*3Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
4-3-16 Jonan, Yonezawa City, Yamagata 992-8510, Japan
This letter describes the social needs and research trends of soft robots for pressure ulcer prevention, and our current work on the robotization of soft gel cushions.
-  C. A. Russo, C. Steiner, and W. Spector, “Hospitalizations Related to Pressure Ulcers Among Adults 18 Years and Older, 2006,” Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Briefs #64, 2008.
-  Y. Sakuta and M. Takahashi, “The interaction between pressure and shear force as a factor of pressure ulcers by assessing blood flow measurement,” Trans. Japanese Soc. Med. Biol. Eng., Vol.44, Issue 1, pp. 101-106, 2006.
-  J. D. Zhang, A. F. Mak, and L. D. Huang, “A large deformation biomechanical model for pressure ulcer,” J. Biomech. Eng., Vol.119, Issue 4, pp. 406-408, 1997.
-  S. Kuroda and M. Akimoto, “Finite element analysis of undermining of pressure ulcer with a simple cylinder model,” J. Nippon Med. Sch., Vol.72, Issue 3, pp. 174-178, 2005.
-  C. G. Olesen, M. de Zee, and J. Rasmussen, “Comparison between a computational seated human model and experimental verification data,” Appl. Bionics Biomech., Vol.11, 126736, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.