Study on Arbitrary Direction Navigation System for Autonomous Multirotor with Arbitrary Configuration of Rotors
Nobuto Hirakoso, Ryoichiro Tamura, and Yoichi Shigematsu
National Institute of Technology, Gunma College
580 Toriba-machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371-8530, Japan
In this paper, an autonomous aerial robot system with a multirotor mechanism is described, where the robot has an arbitrary configuration of rotors. To construct a navigation system for the arbitrary 3-axis direction, the static constraint conditions are treated as dynamic equilibrium, and the analytical solution of this formulation is obtained with regard to two terms, namely attitude and height control. Moreover, the obtained analytical solution is implemented as a proportional-integral-derivative controller such that the navigation control system is fused with the attitude and height control systems optimally. To confirm the efficacy of this constructed navigation control system, navigation experiments with arbitrary azimuth direction and height are executed for a manufactured trial quadrotor system as an aerial robot and the results are estimated.
-  D. Pebrianti, F. Kendoul, S. Azrad, W. Wang, and K. Nonami, “Autonomous Hovering and Landing of a Quad-rotor Micro Aerial Vehicle by Means of on Ground Stereo Vision System,” J. of System Design and Dynamics, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 269-284, 2010.
-  D. Mellinger and V. Kumar, “Minimum snap trajectory generation and control for quadrotors,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2520-2525, 2011.
-  D. Gurdan et al., “Energy-efficient Autonomous Four-rotor Flying Robot Controlled at 1 kHz,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 361-366, 2007.
-  H. Gabriel, M. Steven, L. Waslander, and C. J. Tomlin, “Quadrotor helicopter trajectory tracking control,” AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference and Exhibit, doi: 10.2514/6.2008-7410, 2008.
-  G. Ducard and R. D’Andrea, “Autonomous Quadrotor Flight Using a Vision System And Accommodating Frames Misalignment,” IEEE Int. Symp. on Industrial Embedded Systems, pp. 261-264, doi: 10.1109/SIES.2009.5196224, 2009.
-  T. Shigekuni and T. Takimoto, “Dynamic State-Derivative Feedback Control for Quadrotor Helicopters,” Int. Symp. on System Integration, pp. 956-960, doi: 10.1109/SII.2011.6147578, 2011.
-  P. Bouffard, A. Aswani, and C. Tomlin, “Learning-Based Model Predictive Control on a Quadrotor: Onboard Implementation and Experimental Results,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 279-284, doi: 10.1109/ICRA.2012.6225035, 2012.
-  M. Miwa, N. Chatani, and S. Uemura, “Flying Cargo System based on Multi Rotor Helicopter,” Proc. of the Symp. on Motion and Vibration, 1C22, pp. 1-6, 2014.
-  P. Wallich, “Arducopter parenting,” IEEE Spectrum, Vol.49, No.12, pp. 26-28, doi: 10.1109/MSPEC.2012.6361754, 2012.
-  M. Morimoto, K. Suda, and N. Hirakoso, “Study on Navigation System to Arbitrary Direction for Autonomous Aerial Robot with Quad-Rotor,” Proc. of the 2013 IEEE/SICE Int. Symp. on System Integration, pp. 329-334, 2013.
-  R. Oosawa and N. Hirakoso, “Study on Navigation System to Arbitrary Direction using Optimal Control Law for Autonomous Aerial Robot with Quad-Rotor,” the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers (SICE) System Integration, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Tanabe, M. Sugiura, T. Aoyama, H. Sugawara, S. Sunada, K. Yonezawa, and H. Tokutake, “Multiple Rotors Hovering Near an Upper or a Side Wall,” J. Robot. and Mechatron., Vol.30, No.3, pp. 344-353, 2018.
-  T. Oba, M. Bando, and S. Hokamoto, “Controller Performance for Quad-Rotor Vehicles Based on Sliding Mode Control,” J. Robot. and Mechatron., Vol.30, No.3, pp. 397-405, 2018.
-  A. Imamura, M. Miwa, and J. Hino, “Flight Characteristics of Quad Rotor Helicopter with Thrust Vectoring Equipment,” J. Robot. and Mechatron., Vol.28, No.3, pp. 334-342, 2016.
-  D. Pebrianti, W. Wang, D. Iwakura, Y. Song, and K. Nonami, “Sliding Mode Controller for Stereo Vision Based Autonomous Flight of Quad-Rotor M,” J. Robot. and Mechatron., Vol.23, No.1, pp. 137-148, 2011.
-  N. Michael, D. Mellinger, Q. Lindsey, and V. Kumar, “The grasp multiple micro uav testbed,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Vol.17, No.3, doi: 10.11.09/MRA.2010.937855, 2010.
-  B. Herisse, F. Russotto, T. Hamel, and R. Mahony, “Hovering flight and vertical landing control of a VTOL unmanned aerial vehicle using optical flow,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 801-806, doi: 10.11.09/IROS.2008.4650731, 2008.
-  I. Kroo et al., “The Mesicopter: A miniature rotorcraft concept – phase ii interim report,” 2000.
-  M. Miwa, S. Uemura, and A. Imamura, “Arbitrary Attitude Hovering Control of Quad Tilt Rotor Helicopter,” J. Robot. and Mechatron., Vol.28, No.3, pp. 328-333, 2016.
-  Y. Oda and M. kumon, “Autonomous Flight Control of Quadrotor Helicopter by Simple Adaptive Control with Inner loop PD Controller,” J. Robot. and Mechatron., Vol.30, No.3, pp. 380-389, 2018.
-  N. Hirakoso, T. Takizawa, M. Ishihara, and K. Aoki, “Online tracking Control of Autonomous Mobile Robot Utilizing Optimal Formation,” J. of System Design and Dynamics, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 310-321, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.