Tokyo Metropolitan University: Community-centric System Research Center
Toru Yamaguchi and Eri Sato-Shimokawara
Graduate School of System Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University
6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
The Community-centric System (CcS) research center was established in 2015 to address social problems such as elderly care, social rehabilitation, and information support in the event of a disaster. This research center combines various perspectives including sensing technology, robotics, information and communication, health and welfare, urban environments, and so on. This paper provides a brief preface on the history and activities of the research center.
-  J. Botzheim, Y. Takama, E. Sato-Shimokawara, N. Kubota, and T. Yamaguchi, “From human-centric systems to community-centric systems,” Int. J. of Artificial Life Research (IJALR), Vol.7, No.1, pp. 1-23, 2017.
-  N. Kubota and H. Liu, “Special issue on computational intelligence for community-centric systems [guest editorial],” IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 15-17, May 2014.
-  A. Kawamoto, K. Wada, T. Kitamura, and K. Kuroki, “Preliminary study on detection of behavioral features at conversation breakdown in human-robot interactions,” 2019 IEEE/SICE Int. Symposium on System Integration (SII), pp. 375-378, January 2019.
-  E. Sato-Shimokawara and T. Yamaguchi, “Community-centric system – support of human ties –,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.29, No.1, pp. 7-13, 2017.
-  Y. Takama, W. Sasaki, T. Okumura, C.-C. Yu, L.-H. Chen, and H. Ishikawa, “Walking route recommender for supporting a walk as health promotion,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.100, No.4, pp. 671-681, 2017.
-  R. Suzuki, R. Onishi, K. Kasamatsu, Y. Shimomura, O. Nitta, R. Motegi, S. Tsuchiya, N. Shida, and N. Takesue, “Development of boccia robot and its throwing support interface,” Int. Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction, pp. 556-567, 2019.
-  K. Wada, “New robot technology challenge for convenience store,” 2017 IEEE/SICE Int. Symposium on System Integration (SII), pp. 1086-1091, 2017.