Gait and Posture Analysis Method Based on Genetic Algorithm and Support Vector Machines with Acceleration Data
Huan Gou, Tengda Shi, Lei Yan†, and Jiang Xiao
School of Technology, Beijing Forestry University
No.35 Qinghua East Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083, China
-  A. K. Jain, A. Ross, and S. Prabhakar, “An introduction to biometric recognition,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Special Issue on Image- and Video-Based Biometrics, Vol.14, pp. 4-20, January 2004.
-  J. H. Han, H. S. Jeon, B. S. Jeon, and K. S. Park, “Gait detection from three dimensional acceleration signals of ankles for the patients with Parkinson’s disease,” Int. Special Topic Conf. Inf. Technol. Biomed., Ioannina, Greece, pp. 26-28, Oct. 2006.
-  K. Kawamura, Y. Morita, and J. Okamoto, “Gait phase detection using foot acceleration for estimating ground reaction force in long distance gait rehabilitation,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, pp. 828-837, October 2012.
-  M. Ermes, J. Parkka, J. Mantyjarvi, and I. Korhonen, “Detection of daily activities and sports with wearable sensors in controlled and uncontrolled conditions,” IEEE Trans. on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol.12, pp. 20-26, 2008.
-  C. BenAbdelkader, R. Cutler, and L. Davis, “Motion-based recognition of people in EigenGait space,” 5th IEEE Int. Conf. on Automatic Face Gesture Recognition (FGR 2002), May 20-21, 2002, Washington, DC, United States, pp. 267-272, 2002.
-  J. P. Foster, M. S. Nixon, and A. Prugel-Bennett, “Automatic gait recognition using area-based metrics,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.24, pp. 2489-2497, 2003.
-  L. Lee and W. E. L. Grimson, “Gait analysis for recognition and classification,” 5th IEEE Int. Conf. on Automatic Face Gesture Recognition (FGR 2002), May 20-21, 2002, Washington, DC, United States, pp. 155-162, 2002.
-  T. Tamura, M. Sekine, M. Ogawa, T. Togawa, and Y. Fukui, “Classification of acceleration waveforms during walking by wavelet transform,” Method. Inform. Med., Vol.36, pp. 356-359, 1997.
-  H. Ailisto, M. Lindholm, J. Mantyjarvi, E. Vildjiounaite, and S.-M. Makela, “Identifying people from gait pattern with accelerometers,” Biometric Technology for Human Identification II, March 28-29, 2005, Orlando, FL, United States, pp. 7-14, 2005.
-  M. Martins, C. Santos, L. Costa et al., “Gait feature selection in walker-assisted gait using NSGA-II and SVM hybrid algorithm,” Proc. of the 22nd European Signal Processing Conf. (EUSIPCO), pp. 1173-1177, 2014.
-  R. Chow, W. Zhong, M. Blackmon et al., “An efficient SVM-GA feature selection model for large healthcare databases,” Proc. Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conf. (GECCO 2008), Atlanta, GA, USA, July 12-16, pp. 1373-1380, 2008.
-  V. N. Vapnik, “The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory,” New York: Springer, 1995.
-  C. Cortes and V. Vapnik, “Support vector networks,” Mach. Learn., Vol.20, pp. 273-297, 1995.
-  N. Ueda and R. Nakano, “Estimating expected error rates of neural network classifiers in small sample size situations: A comparison of cross-validation and bootstrap,” Proc. of the 1995 IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Networks, Part 1 (of 6), November 27 to December 1, 1995, Perth, Aust, pp. 101-104, 1995.
-  S. Jiang, J. Cheng, J. Chen, and Z. Bao, “Gait optimization of biped robot using genetic algorithm,” J. of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Vol.33, pp. 1280-1283, 1999.
-  B. Guo and M. S. Nixon, “Gait feature subset selection by mutual information,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol.39, No.1, pp. 36-46, 2009.
-  Z. Huaigang, W. Zhibin, and Z. Ying, “Analysis of signal de-noising method based on an improved wavelet thresholding,” 9th Int. Conf. on Electronic Measurement and Instruments (ICEMI 2009), August 16-19, 2009, Beijing, China, pp. 1987-1990, 2009.
-  J.-H. Wang, J.-J. Ding, Y. Chen, and H.-H. Chen, “Real time accelerometer-based gait recognition using adaptive windowed wavelet transforms,” 2012 IEEE Asia Pacific Conf. on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS 2012), December 2-5, 2012, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2012.
-  J. Manit and P. Youngkong, “Neighborhood components analysis in sEMG signal dimensionality reduction for gait phase pattern recognition,” 6th Int. Conf. on Broadband Communications and Biomedical Applications (IB2COM 2011), November 21-24, 2011, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, pp. 86-90, 2011.
-  M. A. Hanson, H. C. Powell Jr, A. T. Barth, J. Lach, and B.-P. Maite, “Neural network gait classification for on-body inertial sensors,” 2009 6th Int. Workshop on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks, BSN 2009, June 3-5, 2009, Berkeley, CA, United States, pp. 181-186, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.