Cable Wrapping Phenomenon in Cable-Driven Parallel Manipulators
Man Cheong Lei and Denny Oetomo
Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Melbourne
Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
-  J. Albus, R. Bostelman, and N. Dagalakis, “The NIST ROBOCRANE,” J. of Robotic Systems, Vol.10, No.5, pp. 709-724, 1993.
-  Y. Mao and S. K. Agrawal, “Design of a cable-driven arm exoskeleton (CAREX) for neural rehabilitation,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.28, No.4, pp. 922-931, 2012.
-  S. Perreault and C. M. Gosselin, “Cable-driven parallel mechanisms: Application to a locomotion interface,” ASME J. of Mechanical Design, Vol.130, No.10, p. 102301, 2008.
-  D. Lau, D. Oetomo, and S. K. Halgamuge, “Generalized modeling of multilink cable-driven manipulators with arbitrary routing using the cable-routing matrix,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.29, No.5, pp. 1102-1113, 2013.
-  B. L. Wen, G. Yang, S. H. Yeo, and S. K. Mustafa, “A generic force-closure analysis algorithm for cable-driven parallel manipulators,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol.46, No.9, pp. 1265-1275, 2011.
-  S. Rezazadeh and S. Behzadipour, “Workspace analysis of multibody cable-driven mechanisms,” ASME J. of Mechanisms and Robotics, Vol.3, No.2, p. 021005, 2011.
-  M. Gouttefarde, D. Daney, and J.-P. Merlet, “Interval-Analysis-Based Determination of the Wrench-Feasible Workspace of Parallel Cable-Driven Robots,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 1-13, 2011.
-  S. K. Mustafa and S. K. Agrawal, “On the force-closure analysis of n dof cable-driven open chains based on reciprocal screw theory,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.28, No.1, pp. 22-31, 2012.
-  A. Trevisani, “Underconstrained planar cable-direct-driven robots: A trajectory planning method ensuring positive and bounded cable tensions,” Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 113-127, 2010.
-  S. Lahouar, E. Ottaviano, S. Zeghoul, L. Romdhane, and M. Ceccarelli, “Collision free path-planning for cable-driven parallel robots,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.57, No.11, pp. 1083-1093, 2009.
-  H. R. Fahham, M. Farid, and M. Khooran, “Time Optimal Trajectory Tracking of Redundant Planar Cable-Suspended Robots Considering Both Tension and Velocity Constraints,” J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.133, No.1, Article 011004, 2011.
-  J.-P. Merlet and D. Daney, “Legs Interference Checking of Parallel Robots over A Given Workspace or Trajectory,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 757-762, 2006.
-  L. Blanchet and J.-P. Merlet, “Interference detection for cable-driven parallel robots (CDPRs),” Proc. of 2014 IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), pp. 1413-1418, 2014.
-  S. Perreault, P. Cardou, M. Gosselin, and M. J.-D. Otis, “Geometric determination of the interference-free constant-orientation workspace of parallel cable-driven mechanisms,” ASME J. of Mechanisms and Robotics, Vol.2, No.3, p. 031016, 2010.
-  M. J-D. Otis, S. Perreault, T-L. Nguyen-Dang, P. Lambert, M. Gouttefarde, D. Laurendeau, and C. Gosselin, “Determination and management of cable interferences between two 6-dof foot platforms in a cable-driven locomotion interface,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol.39, No.3, pp. 528-544, 2009.
-  Y. Wischnitzer, N. Shvalb, and M. Shoham, “Wire-driven parallel robot: Permitting collisions between wires,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.27, No.9, pp. 1007-1026, 2008.
-  D. Lau, J. Eden, D. Oetomo, and S. K. Halgamuge, “Musculoskeletal static workspace analysis of the human shoulder as a cable-driven robot,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 978-984, 2015.
-  M. C. Lei and D. Oetomo, “Modelling of cable wrapping phenomenon towards improved cable-driven mechanisms,” Proc. of 2013 IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), pp. 649-655, 2013.
-  M. C. Lei and D. Oetomo, “Kinematic modelling of cable wrapping on rigid-link phenomenon in cable-driven parallel manipulators,” Proc. of 2015 IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), pp. 97-103, 2015.