Effectiveness of Delayed Feedback Control Applied to a Small-Size Helicopter with a Suspended Load System
Motomichi Sonobe*, Masafumi Miwa**, and Junichi Hino**
*Kochi University of Technology
Tosayamada-cho, Kami-shi, Kochi 782-8502, Japan
2-1 Minami-Josanjima-cho, Tokushima-shi, Tokushima 770-8506, Japan
-  K. Nonami, “Prospect and Recent Research & Development for Civil Use Autonomous Unmanned Aircraft as UAV and MAV,” J. of System Design and Dynamics, Vol.1, No.2, 2007.
-  D. Fujiwara, J. Shin, K. Hazawa, K. Igarashi, D. Fernando, and K. Nonami, “Autonomous flight control of unmanned small hobby-class helicopter Report 1: Hardware development and verification experiments of autonomous flight control system,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.5, pp. 537-545, 2003.
-  T. A. Dukes, “Maneuvering heavy sling loads near hover Part I: Damping the pendulous motion,” J. of the American Helicopter Society, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 2-11, 1973.
-  T. A. Dukes, “Maneuvering heavy sling loads near hover Part II: Some elementary maneuvers,” J. of the American Helicopter Society, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 17-22, 1973.
-  C. Poll and D. Cromack, “Dynamics of slung bodies using a single-point suspension system,” J. of Aircraft, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 80-86, 1973.
-  L. S. Cicolani, A. Cone, J. N. Theron, D. Robinson, J. Lusardi, M. B. Tischler, A. Rosen, and R. Raz, “Flight test and simulation of a cargo container slung load in forward flight,” J. of the American Helicopter Society, Vol.54, No.3, 2009.
-  C. M. Ivler, M. B. Tischler, and J. D. Powell, “Cable angle feedback control systems to improve handling qualities for helicopters with slung loads,” AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Portland, Oregon, 2011.
-  C. M. Ivler, J. D. Powell, M. B. Tischler, J. W. Fletcher, and C. Ott, “Design and flight test of a cable angle/rate feedback flight control system for the RASCAL JUH-60 helicopter,” the American Helicopter Society 68th Annual Forum, Fort-Worth, Texas, 2012.
-  M. Bernard, K. Kondak, and G. Honmel, “Load transportation system based on autonomous small size helicopters,” The aeronautical J., Vol.114, No.1153, pp. 191-198, 2010.
-  F. E. Udwadia and R. E. Kalaba, “Analytical Dynamics: A new approach,” Cambridge University Press, 2007.
-  M. Bisgaard, J. D. Bendtsen, and A. Cour-Harbo, “Modeling of generic slung load system,” J. of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.32, No.2, pp. 573-585, 2009.
-  M. Bisgaard, A. Cour-Harbo, and J. D. Bendtsen, “Adaptive control system for autonomous helicopter slung load operations,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.18, No.7, pp. 800-811, 2010.
-  C. Adams, J. Potter, and W. Singhose, “Input-Shaping and Model-Following Control of a Helicopter Carrying a Suspended Load,” J. of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 94-105, 2015.
-  F. E. Udwadia and P. Phohomsiri, “Active control of structures using time delayed positive feedback proportional control designs,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, Vol.13, No.1, pp. 536-552, 2006.
-  F. E. Udwadia, H. von Bremen, and P. Phohomsiri, “Time-delayed control design for active control of structures:principles and applications,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 27-61, 2007.
-  A. G. Ulsoy, “Time-Delayed Control of SISO Systems for Improved Stability Margins,” J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.137, Issue 4, 2015.
-  M. Sonobe, Z. Chen, M. Miwa, and J. Hino, “Cable angle feedback control for helicopter slung load system using delayed feedback,” J. of Unmanned System Technology, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 100-105, 2013.
-  K. Hazawa, J. Shin, D. Fujiwara, K. Igarashi, D. Fernando, and K. Nonami, “Autonomous flight control of unmanned small hobby-class helicopter, Report 2: Modeling based on experimental identification and autonomous flight control experiments,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15 No.5, pp. 546-555, 2003.
-  B. Mettler, M. B. Tischler, and T. Kanade, “System identification modeling of a small-scale unmanned rotorcraft for flight control design,” J. of the American helicopter society, Vol.47, No.1, pp. 50-63, 2002.
-  M. B. Tischler and R. M. Remble, “Aircraft and rotorcraft system identification: Engineering methods with flight test examples,” AIAA education series, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.