Analysis of Preference for Autonomous Driving Under Different Traffic Conditions Using a Driving Simulator
Udara Eshan Manawadu*, Masaaki Ishikawa*, Mitsuhiro Kamezaki**, and Shigeki Sugano*
*Department of Modern Mechanical Engineering, School of Creative Science and Engineering, Waseda University
3-4-1 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8555, Japan
**Research Institute for Science and Engineering (RISE), Waseda University
17 Kikui-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0044, Japan
-  T. Kanade, C. Thorpe, and W. Whittaker, “Autonomous Land Vehicle Project at CMU,” Proc. of the 1986 ACM Fourteenth Annual Conf. on Computer Science, New York, NY, USA, pp. 71-80, 1986.
-  S. Thrun, M. Montemerlo, H. Dahlkamp, D. Stavens, A. Aron, J. Diebel, P. Fong, J. Gale, M. Halpenny, G. Hoffmann, K. Lau, C. Oakley, M. Palatucci, V. Pratt, P. Stang, S. Strohband, C. Dupont, L.-E. Jendrossek, C. Koelen, C. Markey, C. Rummel, J. van Niekerk, E. Jensen, P. Alessandrini, G. Bradski, B. Davies, S. Ettinger, A. Kaehler, A. Nefian, and P. Mahoney, “Stanley: The robot that won the DARPA Grand Challenge,” J. Field Robotics, Vol.23, No.9, pp. 661-692, Sep. 2006.
-  J. Dokic, B. Müuller, and G. Meyer, “European roadmap smart systems for automated driving.” European Technology Platform on Smart Systems Integration, Apr. 1, 2015.
-  M. Peden, R. Scurfield, D. Sleet, D. Mohan, A. Hyder, E. Jarawan, and C. Mathers, “World report on road traffic injury prevention,” World Health Organization, 2004.
-  A. Vahidi and A. Eskandarian, “Research advances in intelligent collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control,” IEEE Trans. on Intell. Transp. Syst., Vol.4, No.3, pp. 143-153, Sep. 2003.
-  V. Milanes, S. E. Shladover, J. Spring, C. Nowakowski, H. Kawazoe, and M. Nakamura, “Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control in Real Traffic Situations,” IEEE Trans. on Intell. Transp. Syst., Vol.15, No.1, pp. 296-305, Feb. 2014.
-  “Just press go: designing a self-driving vehicle,” Official Google Blog., 2014.
-  C. Maag, D. Muhlbacher, C. Mark, and H.-P. Kruger, “Studying effects of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) on individual and group level using multi-driver simulation,” IEEE Intell. Transp. Syst. Mag., Vol.4, No.3, pp. 45-54, 2012.
-  O. Gietelink, J. Ploeg, B. de Schutter, and M. Verhaegen, “Development of advanced driver assistance systems with vehicle hardware-in-the-loop simulations,” Veh. Syst. Dyn., Vol.44, No.7, pp. 569-590, 2006.
-  C. Gelau, J. Sirek, and K. Dahmen-Zimmer, “Effects of time pressure on left-turn decisions of elderly drivers in a fixed-base driving simulator,” Transp. Res. Part F Traffic Psychol. Behav., Vol.14, No.1, pp. 76-86, Jan. 2011.
-  Y. Tanaka, R. Kanda, N. Yamada et al. “Virtual driving simulator for measuring dynamic properties of human arm movements.” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.2, 2006.
-  D. L. Fisher, M. Rizzo, J. Caird, and J. D. Lee, “Handbook of driving simulation for engineering, medicine, and psychology.” CRC Press, 2011.
-  J. Kuhl, D. Evans, Y. Papelis, R. Romano, and G. Watson, “The Iowa Driving Simulator: an immersive research environment,” Computer, No.7, pp. 35-41, 1995.
-  M. Kamezaki, J. Yang, H. Iwata, and S. Sugano, “A Basic Framework of Virtual Reality Simulator for Advancing Disaster Response Work Using Teleoperated Work Machines,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.4, pp. 486-495, 2014.
-  M. Kamezaki, H. Iwata, and S. Sugano, “Development of an Operation Skill-Training Simulator for Double-Front Construction Machinery Training Effect for a House Demolition Work,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 602-609, 2008.
-  P. E. Hart, N. J. Nilsson, and B. Raphael, “A formal basis for the heuristic determination of minimum cost paths,” IEEE Trans. on Systems Science and Cybernetics, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 100-107, 1968.
-  S. G. Hart and L. E. Staveland, “Development of NASA-TLX (Task Load Index): Results of Empirical and Theoretical Research,” in Advances in Psychology, Vol.52, P. A. H. and N. Meshkati (Eds.), North-Holland, pp. 139-183, 1988.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.