A Robust Appearance Model and Similarity Measure for Image Matching
Dong Liang*,**, Shun’ ichi Kaneko**, and Yutaka Satoh***
*College of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Yudao Street 29, Nanjing 210016, China
**Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University
Kita 14, Nishi 9, Sapporo 060-0814, Japan
***National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
Tsukuba-shi 305-8568, Japan
-  B. Zitova and J. Flusser, “Image registration methods: a survey,” Image and vision computing, Vol.21, No.11, pp. 977-1000, 2003.
-  J. Maintz and M. A. Viergever, “A survey of medical image registration,” Medical image analysis, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 1-36, 1998.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Distinctive image features from scale-invariant keypoints,” Int. J. of computer vision, Vol.60, No.2, pp. 91-110, 2004.
-  H. Bay, T. Tuytelaars, and L. Van Gool, “Surf: Speeded up robust features,” in Computer Vision – ECCV 2006, pp. 404-417, Springer, 2006.
-  J. Aggarwal, L. S. Davis, and W. Martin, “Correspondence processes in dynamic scene analysis,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.69, No.5, pp. 562-572, 1981.
-  D. I. Barnea and H. F. Silverman, “A class of algorithms for fast digital image registration,” IEEE Trans. on Computers, Vol.100, No.2, pp. 179-186, 1972.
-  S. Kaneko, Y. Satoh, and S. Igarashi, “Using selective correlation coefficient for robust image registration,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.36, No.5, pp. 1165-1173, 2003.
-  S. Kaneko, I. Murase, and S. Igarashi, “Robust image registration by increment sign correlation,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.35, No.10, pp. 2223-2234, 2002.
-  D. Liang, S. Kaneko et al., “Robust object detection in severe imaging conditions using co-occurrence background model,” Int. J. of Optomechatronics, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 14-29, 2014.
-  D. Liang, S. Kaneko et al., “Co-occurrence-based adaptive background model for robust object detection,” Proc. of 10th IEEE Int. Conf. on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, pp. 401-406, 2013.
-  D. H. Ballard, “Generalizing the hough transform to detect arbitrary shapes,” Pattern recognition, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 111-122, 1981.
-  R. Ozaki, Y. Satoh, K. Iwata, and K. Sakaue, “Template matching by the statistical reach feature method,” Electronics and Communications in Japan, Vol.96, No.11, pp. 54-69, 2013.
-  C. Stauffer and W. E. L. Grimson, “Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking,” IEEE Computer Society Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 1999, 1999.
-  Q.-s. Chen, M. Defrise, and F. Deconinck, “Symmetric phase-only matched filtering of fourier-mellin transforms for image registration and recognition,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.16, No.12, pp. 1156-1168, 1994.
-  F. Ullah and S. Kaneko, “Using orientation codes for rotation-invariant template matching,” Pattern recognition, Vol.37, No.2, pp. 201-209, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.