Study on Autonomous Intelligent Drive System Based on Potential Field with Hazard Anticipation
Ryosuke Matsumi*, Pongsathorn Raksincharoensak**, and Masao Nagai***
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo University of Science
6-3-1 Niijuku, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo 125-8585, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
2-24-16 Naka-cho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
***Japan Automobile Research Institute
1-1-30 Shiba Daimon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0012, Japan
-  Traffic Bureau, National Police Agency, “Statistics 2007 road accidents Japan," International Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences (IATSS), 2008.
-  National Police Agency, “The White Paper on Police 2011 (Digest edition), Chapter 3: Ensuring Safe and Comfortable Transportation," pp. 31-33, 2011.
-  Y. Satomi, T. Murano, M. Aga, and T. Yonekawa, “A characteristic analysis of driving behavior to rear-end collision warning using a driving simulator," Proc. of 18th JSME Conf. on Transportation and Logistics (TRANSLOG), pp. 283-286, 2009.
-  P. Raksincharoensak, “Autonomous Driving System to Enhance Safe and Secured Traffic Society for Elderly Drivers," 18th World Congress on ITS (Invited talk), Special Interest Session No.30, Orlando, USA, 2011.
-  P. Raksincharoensak, M. Shino, and M. Nagai, “Enhancing Active Safety of Small-Scale Electric Vehicle “NOVEL” by Utilizing In-Wheel-Motor," Proc. of the 20th Int. Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exposition, CD-ROM (5B-Raksincharoensak), Long Beach, USA, 2003.
-  P. Raksincharoensak, M. Shino, and M. Nagai, “Vehicle Motion Control Issues Using Micro Electric Vehicle “NOVEL“,” WEVA-Journal, Vol.1, WEVA-043, 2007.
-  M. Nagai, Y. Michitsuji, M. Kamata, and M. Shino, “Research on Near-miss Incident Analysis using Drive Recorder (First Report): Drive Recorder Specifications and Incident Capturing Trigger Algorithm," Trans. of the Society of Automative Engineers of Japan, Vol.38, No.2, pp. 219-224, 2007.
-  M. Fujita, Y. Michitsuji, M. Shino, M. Kamata, and M. Nagai, “Research on Near-miss Incident Analysis using Drive Recorders (Second Report): Analysis Methodology by Collected Data and Database Construction," Trans. of the Society of Automative Engineers of Japan, Vol.38, No.4, pp. 145-150, 2007.
-  O. Khatib, “Real-time obstacle avoidance for manipulators and mobile robotsm," Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.5, pp. 90-98, 1986.
-  J. C. Gerdes, U. Saur, and E. J. Rossetter, “Combining Lanekeeping and Vehicle Following with Hazard Maps," Proc. of the 2000 Int. Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, Michigan, USA, 2000.
-  D. Reichardt and J. Schick, “Collision Avoidance in Dynamic Environments Applied to Autonomous Vehicle Guidance on the Motorway," Proc. of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Paris, France, 1994.
-  T. Sattel and T. Brandt, “From robotics to automotive: lane-keeping and collision avoidance based on elastic bands," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.46, Issue 7, pp. 597-619, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.