Manzai Robots: Entertainment Robots Based on Auto-Created Manzai Scripts from Web News Articles
Tomohiro Umetani, Ryo Mashimo, Akiyo Nadamoto,
Tatsuya Kitamura, and Hirotaka Nakayama
Department of Intelligence and Informatics, Konan University, 8-9-1 Okamoto, Higashinada, Kobe 658-8501, Japan
This paper introduces manzai robots – entertainment robots that automatically create manzai scripts from Internet articles based on keywords given by the audiences and perform manzai based on created manzai scripts. The robot consists two robots connected to the Internet that automatically create manzai scripts from Web news articles in response to a user’s keywords using data mining and manzai techniques. After manzai scripts are created, the two robots perform manzai using these scripts. This paper reviews the robot system configuration, manzai script creation, and robot-based management.
-  H. Yamamoto, H. Miyazaki, T. Tsuzuki, and Y. Kojima, “A Spoken Dialogue Robot Named Wonder, to Aid Senior Citizens Who Living Alone with Communication,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 54-59, 2002.
-  M. Kanoh, Y. Oida, Yu Nomura, A. Araki, Y. Konagaya, K. Ihara, T. Shimizu, and K. Kimura, “Examination of Practicability of Communication Robot-Assisted Activity Program for Elderly People,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 3-12, 2011.
-  T. Kanda, H. Ishiguro, T. Ono, M. Imai, and R. Nakatsu, “Effects of Observation of Robot-Robot Communication on Human-Robot Communication,” IEICE Trans. on Information Systems (Japanese Edition), Vol.J-85-D-I, No.7, pp. 691-700, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  A. Nadamoto and K. Tanaka, “Complementing Your TV-Viewing byWeb Content Automatically-Transformed into TV-program-type Content,” Proc. of the 13th Annual ACM Int. Conf. on Multimedia (ACM Multimedia 2005), pp. 41-50, 2005.
-  A. Nadamoto, A. Jatowt, M. Hayashi, and K. Tanaka, “Web2Talkshow: Web content Transformed into Humorous Dialogue-based TV-program-like Content,” Proc. of the Intelligent Technologies for interactive entertainment (INTETAIN 2005), LNAI 3814, pp. 256-261, 2005.
-  A. Nadamoto, M. Hayashi, and K. Tanaka, “Web2Talkshow: Transforming Web Content into TV-Program-Like Content based on Automatic Transformation of Dialog,” Proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. on Research, Innovation and Vision for the Future (RIVF ’07), pp. 1-6, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.