Recent Trends and Issues of Volcanic Disaster Response with Mobile Robots
Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, 6-6-1 Aramaki-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  M. Koyama, “Mechanical Coupling between Volcanic Unrests and Large Earthquakes – A Review of Examples and Mechanisms,” J. of Geography, Vol.111, No.2, pp. 222-232, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  S. Nakada and T. Fujii, “Preliminary report on the activity at Unzen Volcano (Japan), November 1990-November 1991,” J. of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, Vol.54, pp. 310-333, 1993.
-  T. Ohsumi, H. Asahara, and E. Shimokawa, “Investigation of Characteristics with Temporal Change in Fourier Spectrum in a Flow Condition Using Vibration Sensors: Case Study Along Nojiri River,” in the Proc. of the 4th Domestic Symposium on landslide disaster, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  A. Sato, “The R-Max helicopter UAV,” Technical report, DTIC Document, 2003.
-  J. E. Bares and D. S. Wettergreen, “Dante II: Technical Description, Results, and Lessons Learned,” The Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.18, No.7, pp. 621-649, 1999.
-  D. Caltabiano, D. Ciancitto, and G. Muscato, “Experimental Results on a Traction Control Algorithm for Mobile Robots in Volcano Environment,” Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4375-4380, 2004.
-  A. Goto, H. Taniguchi, and M. Ichihara, “Development of unmanned Mobile Observatory for Volcanic Explosions “MOVE” and hurdles for its operation,” The J. of the Japanese Society for Planetary Sciences (You-Sei-Jin), Vol.21, No.2, pp. 103-110, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  E. Tomoda, H. Iwasaki, and H. Okamoto, “Unmanned construction system in Akamatsu-river #9,”Magazine of Japan Construction Machinery and Construction, Vol.8, pp. 14-20, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  M. Furusawa, “Innovation history of Unmanned construction system – Application of information-oriented construction,” NETISplus, Vol.2, pp. 16-23, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  K. Nagatani, H. Kinoshita, K. Yoshida, K. Tadakuma, and E. Koyanagi, “Development of leg-track hybrid locomotion to traverse loose slopes and irregular terrain,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.28, Issue 6, pp. 950-960, Nov. 2011.
-  K. Nagatani, K. Akiyama, G. Yamauchi, H. Otsuka, T. Nakamura, S. Kiribayashi, K. Yoshida, Y. Hada, S. Yuta, K. Fujino, T. Izu, and R. Mackay, “Volcanic Ash Observation in Active Volcano Areas using Teleoperated Mobile Robots – Introduction to Our Robotic-Volcano-Observation Project and Field Experiments –,” Proc. of the 2013 IEEE Int.Workshop on Safety, Security and Rescue Robotics, 2013.
-  K. Nagatani, S. Kiribayashi, Y. Okada, K. Otake, K. Yoshida, S. Tadokoro, T. Nishimura, T. Yoshida, E. Koyanagi, M. Fukushima, and S. Kawatsuma, “Emergency Response to the Nuclear Accident at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants using Mobile Rescue Robots,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.30, Issue 1, pp. 44-63, Jan. 2013.
-  K. Sato, T. Nomura, S. Matsuzawa, and H. Iizuka, “Metamaterial techniques for automotive applications,” PIERS Proc., Hangzhou, China, pp. 1122-1125, 2008.
Supporting Online Materials:[a] The council for information-oriented construction promotion, “A strategy of Information-oriented construction,” (in Japanese).
http://www.mlit.go.jp/common/000993021.pdf [Accessed July 9, 2014]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.