A Simple, Natural and Effective Framework of Nonlinear Systems Control and its Application to Aerial Robots
Motoyasu Tanaka*, Hiroshi Ohtake**, and Kazuo Tanaka*
*The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
**Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawatsu, Izuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
This paper presents a simple, natural and effective framework of nonlinear systems control and its application to aerial robots. First, we present a framework of Takagi-Sugeno fuzzy model-based control and also discuss its feature. Next, a number of design problems for the control framework are formulated as numerically feasibility problems of representing in terms of linear matrix inequalities. Finally, we provide two applications of the control framework to aerial robots. The control results of aerial robots show the utility of the control framework.
-  K. Tanaka and H. O. Wang, “Fuzzy Control Systems Design and Analysis: A Linear Matrix Inequality Approach,” JOHNWILEY & SONS, INC, 2001.
-  T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, “Fuzzy Identification of Systems and Its Applications to Modeling and Control,” IEEE Trans. on SMC Vol.15, No.1, pp. 116-132, 1985.
-  K. Tanaka and M. Sugeno, “Stability Analysis of Fuzzy Systems Using Lyapunov’s Direct Method,” Proc. of NAFIPS’90, Toronto, Ontario, pp. 133-136, June 1990.
-  K. Tanaka and M. Sugeno, “Stability Analysis and Design of Fuzzy Control Systems,” FUZZY SETS AND SYSTEMS, Vol.45, No.2, pp. 135-156, 1992.
-  D. Filev, “Algebraic Design of Fuzzy Logic Controllers,” Proc. of 1996 IEEE Int. Symposium on Intelligent Control, Dearborn, MI, pp. 253-258, Sep. 1996.
-  G. Feng, “A Survey on Analysis and Design of Model-Based Fuzzy Control Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 676-697, Oct. 2006.
-  H. O.Wang et al., “T-S fuzzy Model with Linear Rule Consequence and PDC Controller: A Universal Framework for Nonlinear Control Systems,” 9th IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, San Antonio, pp. 549-554, May 2000.
-  R. Sepulcher, M. Jankovic, and P. Kokotovic, “Constructive Nonlinear Control,” Springer, 1997.
-  H. O. Wang et al., “An Approach to Fuzzy Control of Nonlinear Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 14-23, Feb. 1996.
-  H. O. Wang, K. Tanaka, and M. Griffin, “Parallel Distributed Compensation of Nonlinear Systems by Takagi and Sugeno’s Fuzzy Model,” Proc. of FUZZ-IEEE’95, pp. 531-538, 1995.
-  H. O. Wang, K. Tanaka, and M. Griffin, “An Approach to Fuzzy Control of Nonlinear Systems: Stability and Design Issues,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 14-23, 1996.
-  L. Xie, S. Shishkin, and M. Fu, “Piecewise Lyapunov functions for robust stability of linear time-varying systems,” Syst. Control Lett., Vol.31, pp. 165-171, 1997.
-  K. Tanaka, H. Ohtake, and H. O. Wang, “A Descriptor System Approach to Fuzzy Control System Design via Fuzzy Lyapunov Functions,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 333-341, June 2007.
-  H. Ohtake, K. Tanaka, and H. O. Wang, “Switching Fuzzy Controller Design based on Switching Lyapunov Function for a Class of Nonlinear Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B, Vol.36, No.1, pp. 13-23, Feb. 2006.
-  Y.-J. Chen, H. Ohtake, K. Tanaka, W.-J. Wang, and H. O. Wang, “Relaxed Stabilization Criterion for T-S Fuzzy Systems by Minimum-type Piecewise Lyapunov Function Based Switching Fuzzy Controller,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.20, No.6, pp. 1166-1173, 2012.
-  K. Tanaka, T. Hori, and H. O. Wang, “A Multiple Lyapunov Function Approach to Stabilization of Fuzzy Control Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 582-589, August 2003.
-  S. Boyd et al., “Linear Matrix Inequalities in Systems and Control Theory,” SIAM, Philadelphia, 1994.
-  Y. Nesterov and A. Nemirovsky, “Interior-point polynomial methods in convex programming,” SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1994.
-  K. Tanaka, S. Hori, and H. O. Wang, “Multi-objective Control of a Vehicle with Triple Trailers,” IEEE/ASME Trans. onMechatronics, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 357-368, 2002.
-  K. Tanaka, M. Nishimura, and H. O.Wang, “Multi-objective Fuzzy Control of High Rise/High Speed Elevators using LMIs,” 1998 American Control Conf., pp. 3450-3454, 1998.
-  J. Li, D. Niemann, H. O.Wang, and K. Tanaka, “Parallel Distributed Compensation for Takagi-Sugeno Fuzzy Models: Multiobjective Controller Design,” 1999 American Control Conf., pp. 1832-1836, June 1999.
-  K. Tanaka, H. Ohtake, and T. Hori, “Stable Control for R/C Helicopter,” Joint 9th IFSA World Congress and 20th NAFIPS Int. Conf., pp. 2056-2061, July 2001.
-  K. Tanaka, H. Ohtake, and H. O. Wang, “Guaranteed Cost Control of Polynomial Fuzzy Systems via a Sum of Squares Approach,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part B, Vol.39, No.2, pp. 561-567 April, 2009.
-  K. Tanaka, H. Yoshida, H. Ohtake, and H. O. Wang, “A Sum of Squares Approach to Stability Analysis of Polynomial Fuzzy Systems,” 2007 American Control Conf., pp. 4071-4076, July 2007.
-  K. Tanaka, H. Ohtake, and H. O. Wang, “A Sum of Squares Approach to Modeling and Control of Nonlinear Dynamical Systems with Polynomial Fuzzy Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 911-922, August 2009.
-  K. Tanaka, H. Ohtake, and H. O.Wang, “An SOS-based Stable Control of Polynomial Discrete Fuzzy Systems,” 2008 American Control Conf., pp. 4875-4880, June 2008.
-  K. Tanaka, H. Ohtake, T. Seo, M. Tanaka, and H. O.Wang, “Polynomial Fuzzy Observer Designs: A Sum of Squares Approach,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, Vol.42, No.5, pp. 1330-1342, Oct. 2012.