Development of Surface Wave Mechanism: Proposition of the Concept and Experiment of Prototypes
Yu-Chun Fu, Edwardo F. Fukushima, and Shigeo Hirose
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
-  K. Hatazaki, M. Konyo, K. Isaki, S. Tadokoro, and F. Takemura, “Active Scope Camera for Urban Search and Rescue,” Proc. of the 2007 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2596-2602, 2007.
-  J. C.McKenna, D. J. Anhalt, F. M. Bronson, H. B. Brown, M. Schwerin, E. Shammas, and H. Choset, “Toroidal Skin Drive for Snake Robot Locomotion,” Proc. of the 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1150-1155, 2008.
-  D. Koh, J. Yang, and S. Kim, “Centipede Robot for Uneven Terrain Exploration: Design and Experiment of the Flexible Biomimetic Robot Mechanism,” Proc. of the 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, pp. 877-881, 2010.
-  M. J. Neumeyer and B. D. Jones, “The Marsh Screw Amphibian,” J. of Terramechanics, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 83-88, 1965.
-  K. Takahashi, Y. Goto, and T. Nakamura, “Development of the wall climbing robot using a Spiral style Wave transmission system move mechanism,” Proc. of the 2012 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2A1-O02, 2012.
-  S. Hirose, H. Ohno, T. Mitsui, and K. Suyama, “Design of In-Pipe Inspection Vehicles for 25, 50, 150 Pipes,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2309-2314, 1999.
-  H. Kimura, F. Kajimura, D. Maruyama, M. Koseki, and N. Inou, “Flexible Hermetically-Sealed Mobile Robot for Narrow Spaces Using Hydrostatic Skeleton Driving Mechanism,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ IROS 2006, pp. 4006-4011, 2006.
-  H. Tsukagoshi, A. Kitagawa, M. Ito, K. Ooe, I. Kiryu, and T. Kochiya, “Bari-bari-II Jack-up Rescue Robot with Debris Opening Function,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2209-2210, 2008.
-  H. G. Grimm, Jr., “Animated Toy,” US Patent 2,827,735, 1958.
-  L. L. Kramer, “Motor Operated Ambulatory Vehicle,” US Patent 3,331,463, 1967.
-  McKittric, Jr. et al., “Animated Toy,” US Patent 4,629,440, 1986.
-  R. D. Allen, “Multi-legged, Walking Toy Robot,” US Patent 5,423,708, 1995.
-  M. Ono and S. Kato, “A Study of an Earthworm type Inspection Robot Movable in Long Pipes,” Int. J. of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 085-090, 2010.
-  A. M. Bertetto andM. Ruggiu, “In-pipe inch-worm pneumatic flexible robot,” Proc. of IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics Proceedings, pp. 1226-1231, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.