Development of Sensor-Less Power-Assisted System with Disturbance Observer Considering High Friction
Takanori Miyoshi*, Ryosuke Imai**, Kazuhiko Terashima*,
and Kanemitsu Ochiai***
*Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi city, Aichi, Japan
**SEIKO EPSON Corp., 6925 Toyoshinatazawa, Azumino city, Nagano, Japan
***Ochiai Nexus Corp., 1-1 Miyama, Shinpukuji-cho, Okazaki city, Aichi, Japan
-  Annual Report on Health, “Labor and Welfare 2012,” Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, 2012.
-  T.Miyoshi and K. Terashima, “Control of power-assisted crane system using direct manual manipulation,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Control Applications (CCA), Vol.1, pp. 38-44, 2004.
-  H. Kato, R. Ikeura, H. Nakamura, and K. Mizutani, “Impedance Control for a Power Assist Device and Parameter Estimation,” Proc. of Conf. on JSME Tokai branch, pp. 156-157, 2003.
-  T. Tsumugiwa, R. Yokogawa, and K. Yoshida, “Stability analysis for impedance control of robot for human-robot cooperative task system,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Vol.4, pp. 3883-3888, 2004.
-  Y. Yamada, H. Konosu, T. Morizono, and Y. Umetani, “Proposal of Skill-Assist: a system of assisting human workers by reflecting their skills in positioning tasks,” Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), Vol.4, pp. 11-16, 1999.
-  H. Konosu, I. Araki, and Y. Yamada, “Practical Development of Skill-Assist,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 508-514, 2004.
-  H. Murayama, K. Fujiwara, N. Takesue, F. Suzuki, A. Shibata, H. Konosu, K. Matsumoto, and H. Fujimoto, “A car window installation assist robot,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 45-46, 2012.
-  N. Takesue, R. Kikuuwe, A. Sano, H. Mochiyama, H. Sawada, and H. Fujimoto, “Force-Dependent Variable Damping Control for Positioning Task Assist,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.25, No.2, pp. 306-313, 2007.
-  M. Nakano, T. Tanaka, S. Kaneko, K. Yamano, H. Oyama, S. Seki, and N. Sakamoto, “Improving Maneuverability of Powered Cock for Fire Engine Based on Predicting Its Opening and Closing Time Period,” Proc. of 2008 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A1-G12, 2008.
-  I. Awaya, Y. Kato, I. Miyake, and M. Itoh, “Torque Bias Compensation Method for Nonlinear Friction by the Use of a Disturbance Observer,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series (C), Vol.57, No.534, pp. 371-376, 1991.
-  C. Yongyai, A. Shaimada, and K. Sonoda, “Tilting control based motion control on inverted pendulum robots with disturbance observer,” Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), pp. 1545-1550, 2009.
-  O. Sehoon and Y. Hori, “Generalized discussion on design of forcesensor-less Power Assist Control,” Int.Workshop on Advanced Motion Control (AMC), pp. 492-497, 2008.
-  H. Seki, M. Iso, and Y. Hori, “How to design force sensorless power assist robot considering environmental characteristics-position control based or force control based,” Annual Conf. of Industrial Electronics Society (IECON), Vol.3, pp. 2255-2260, 2002.
-  N. P. Hoang and Y. Takahashi, “Yokoyama M., Control for Power Assist Systems without Torque Sensor,” Proc. of JACC (Jidou Seigyo Rengou Kouenkai, Vol.50, pp. 110-115, 2007.
-  C. Ebisu, R. Ikeura, Y. Shirakawa, K. Mizutani, H. Nakamura, and T. Honda, “Study on the optimum mass value decision of power assist device for industry,” Proc. of 2007 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A2-F08, 2007.
-  S. L. Ipri and H. Asada, “Tuned dither for friction suppression during force-guided robotic assembly,” Proc. on IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS’95), Vol.1, pp. 310-315, 1995.
-  A. Niinuma, T. Miyoshi, Y. Miyashita, and K. Terashima, “Evaluation of Effectiveness between Power-Assisted Wire Suspension System and Conventional Machine,” Proc. of the 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation (IEEE ICMA 2009), pp. 369-374, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.