A Robot Measuring Upper Limb Range of Motion for Rehabilitation Database
Toshiaki Tsuji*,**, Mitsuyuki Yamada*, and Yasuyoshi Kaneko*
*Saitama University, 255 Shimo-Okubo, Sakura-ku, Saitama, Saitama 338-8570, Japan
**JST PRESTO, 4-1-8 Honcho, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332-0012, Japan
-  B. T. Volpe, H. I. Krebs, N. Hogan, L. Edelstein, C. Diels, and M. Aisen, “A novel approach to stroke rehabilitation,” Neurology, Vol.54, No.10, pp. 1938-1944, 2000.
-  T. Noritsugu and T. Tanaka, “Application of rubber artificial muscle manipulator as a rehabilitation robot,” Trans. IEEE/ASME Mechatronics, Vol.2, No. 4, pp. 259-267, 1997.
-  S. Okada, T. Sakaki, R. Hirata, Y. Okajima, S. Uchida, and Y. Tomita, “TEM: a therapeutic exercise machine for the lower extremities of spastic patients,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.14, No.7, pp. 597-606, 2000.
-  P. S. Lum, C. G. Burgar, P. C. Shor, M. Majmundar, and M. Van der Loos, “Robot-Assisted Movement Training Compared With Conventional Therapy Techniques for the Rehabilitation of Upper-Limb Motor Function After Stroke,” Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil., Vol.83, pp. 952-959, 2002.
-  J. J. Palazzolo, M. Ferrarom, H. I. Krebs, D. Lynch, and N. Hogan, “Stochastic Estimation of Arm Mechanical Impedance During Robotic Stroke Rehabilitation,” IEEE Trans Biomed Eng., Vol.15, No.1, pp. 94-103, 2007.
-  G. Xu, A. Song, and H. Li, “Control System Design for an Upper-Limb Rehabilitation Robot,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.25, Issues 1-2, pp. 229-251, 2011.
-  T. Yokoo, T. Tsuji, S. Sakaino, and S. Abe, “Development of a Physical Therapy Robot for Rehabilitation Databases,” Proc. 12th Int. Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, 2012.
-  T. Yokoo, T. Tsuji, S. Sakaino, and S. Abe, “Force Control for Resistance Exercise by Robot Arm with Pneumatic Artificial Muscles Including Bi-articular Muscles,” Japan Industry Applications Society Conference, pp. 571-576 (2-48-II), 2011 (in Japanese).
-  M. Guidali, P. Schlink, A. Duschau-Wiche, and R. Riener, “Online learning and adaptation of patient support during ADL training,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics, 2011.
-  R. L. Gajdosik and R. W. Bohannon, “Clinical Measurement of Range of Motion: Review of Goniometry Emphasizing Reliability and Validity,” Phys. Ther. Vol.67, pp. 1867-1872, 1987.
-  B. Tondu and P. Lopez, “Modeling and control of McKibben artificial muscle robot actuators,” IEEE Control Systems, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 15-38, 2000.
-  T. Tsuji, Y. Kaneko, and S. Abe, “Whole-body Force Sensation by Force Sensor with Shell-shaped End-effector,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, No.5, pp. 1375-1382, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.