Local Ablation of a Single Cell Using Micro/Nano Bubbles
Hiroki Kuriki*, Yoko Yamanishi*, Shinya Sakuma*,
Satoshi Akagi**, and Fumihito Arai*
*Department of Micro-Nano Systems Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
**NARO Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science, 2 Ikenodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0901, Japan
-  T. Makuta, F. Takemura, E. Hihara, Y. Matsumoto, and M. Shoji, “Generation of micro gas bubbles of uniform diameter in an ultrasonic field,” J. Fluid. Mech., 2nd ed., Vol.548, pp. 113-131, 2006.
-  P. Garstecki, M. J. Fuerstman, H. A. Stone, and G. M. Whitesides, “Formation of droplets and bubbles in a microfluidic T-junction – scaling and mechanism of break-up,” Lab on a chip, Vol.6, pp. 437-446, 2006.
-  A. Barrero and I. G. Loscertales, “Micro- and Nanoparticles via Capillary Flows,” Annu. Rev. Fluid. Mech., Vol.39, pp. 89-106, 2007.
-  Y. Yamanishi, L. Feng, and F. Arai, “On-demand Production of Emulsion Droplets Over a Wide Range of Sizes,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.24, pp. 2005-2018, 2010.
-  S. Yokota, F. Yajima, K. Takemura, and K. Edamura, “Electro-Conjugate Fluid Jet-Driven Micro Artificial Antagonistic Muscle Actuators and their Integration,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.24, pp. 1929-1943, 2010.
-  M. Ikeuchi, R. Tane, and K. Ikuta, “Electrospray deposition and direct patterning of polylactic acid nanofibrous microcapsules for tissue engineering,” BiomedMicrodevices, Vol.14, pp. 35-43, 2012.
-  L. Y. Yeo, Z. Gagnon, and H.-C. Chang, “AC electrospray biomaterials synthesis,” Biomaterials, Vol.26, pp. 6122-6128, 2005.
-  M. Hagiwara, T. Kawahara, Y. Yamanishi, and F. Arai, “Precise Control of Magnetically Driven Microtools for Enucleation of Oocytes in a Microfluidic Chip,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 991-1005, 2011.
-  N. Inomata, T. Mizunuma, Y. Yamanishi, and F. Arai, “Omnidirectional actuation of magnetically driven microtool for cutting of oocyte in a chip,” J. Microelectromech. Syst., Vol.20, pp. 383-388, 2011.
-  F. Zeng, C. B. Rohde, and M. F. Yanik, “Sub-cellular precision on-chip small-animal immobilization, multi-photon imaging and femtosecond-laser manipulation,” Lab on a chip, Vol.8, pp. 653-656, 2008.
-  J. Teramoto, Y. Yamanishi, E. S. Magdy, A. Hasegawa, A. Kori, M. Nakajima, F. Arai, T. Fukada, and A. Ishihama, “Single-bacterial cell assay of promoter activity and regulation,” Genes to cells, Vol.15, pp. 1111-1122, 2010.
-  A. A. Tseng, K. Chen, C. D. Chen, and K. J. Ma, “Electron bean electron beam lithography in nanoscale fabrication: recent development,” IEEE Trans. on electronics packing manufacturing, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 141-149, 2003.
-  H. Hosokawa, K. Shimojima, Y. Chino, Y. Yamada, C. E. Wen, and M. Mabuchi, “Fabrication of nanoscale Ti honeycombs by focused ion bean,” Material and science and engineering, A344, pp. 365-367, 2003.
-  D. Palanker, H. Nomoto, P. Huie, A. Vankov, and D. Chang, “Anterior capsulotomy with a pulsed-electron avalanche knife,” J. of cataract refract surgery, Vol.38, pp. 128-132, 2010.
-  D. Palanker, A. Vankov, and P. Jayaraman, “On mechanisms of interaction in electrosurgery,” New J. of physics, Vol.10, pp. 1-15, 2008.
-  S. Loh, G. Carlson, E. Chang, E. Huang, D. Palanker, and G. Gurtner, “Comparative healing of surgical incisions created by the peak plasmablade, conventional electrosugery, and a scalpel,” Plastic and reconstructive surgery, Vol.124, No.6, pp. 1849-1859, 2009.
-  D. Palanker, J. Miller, M. Marmor, S. Sanislo, P. Huie, and M. Blumenkranz, “Pulsed electron abalanche knife (PEAK) for intraocular surgery,” Investigative ophthalmology and visual science, Vol.42, No.11, pp. 2673-2678, 2001.
-  D. Obreschkow, M. Tinguely, N. Dorsaz, P. Kobel, A. de Bosset, and M. Farhat, “Universal scaling law for jets of collapsing bubbles,” Physical review letter, Vol.107, 204501, 2011.
-  S. Watanabe (Ed.), “Manual for the enucleation of bovine oocyte and evaluation of quality of embryo,” No.9, National Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science Technical Report, p. 5, 2011.
-  Y. Yamanishi, H. Kuriki, S. Sakuma, K. Onda, and F. Arai, “Local ablation by micro-electric knife,” IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 20-24, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.