Development of Transfer Assist Robot System Supporting Self-Reliant Life
Yohei Kume*, Tomohiro Shimoda*, Akihiro Ohta*,
Shohei Tsukada*, Hideo Kawakami*, Mio Nakamura**,
Jun Suzurikawa**, and Takenobu Inoue**
*Panasonic Healthcare Co., Ltd., 2-7 Matsuba-cho, Kadoma City, Osaka 571-8502, Japan
**Research Institute of National Rehabilitation Center for Persons with Disabilities, 4-1 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-8555, Japan
-  “Annual Report on the Aging Society: 2012,” Cabinet Office Japan (in Japanese).
-  R. Soyama, S. Ishii, and A. Fukase, “The Development of Meal-Assistance Robot ‘My Spoon’,” Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics, pp. 88-91, 2003.
-  Y. Takahashi, G.Manabe, K. Takahashi, and T. Hatakeyama, “Basic Study on Self-Transfer Aid Robotics,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 4-10, 2006.
-  Y. Kume and H. Kawakami, “Development of Power-Motion Assist Technology for Transfer Assist Robot,” Matsushita Technical J., Vol.54, No.2, pp. 50-52, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  T. Mukai, S. Hirano, H. Nakashima, Y. Sakaida, and S. Guo, “Realization and Safety Measures of Patient Transfer by Nursing-Care Assistant Robot RIBA with Tactile Sensors,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 360-369, 2011.
-  Y. Kume, H. Kawakami, S. Tsukada, and T. Nakamura, “Development of Robotic Bed (Topics: Living with Robot Technologies),” J. of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.64, No.5, pp. 31-34, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  M. Nakamura, M. Sakiyama, J. Suzurikawa, S. Tsukada, A. Ohta, Y. Kume, H. Kawakami, K. Inoue, and T. Inoue, “Methodology for user and user���s life centered clinical evaluation of assistive technology (ULCEAT): Evaluation with prototype Roboticbed,” Technology and Disability, Vol.24, pp. 273-282, 2012.
-  H. Oda, “Ethnography Beginning Guide,” Shunjyu Company, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  J. Kawakita, “Continuation of Methodology of the Creativity Techniques. Chukou-Shinsho,” 1970 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Hatamura, “Creation and Architectonics of Technology,” pp. 255-301, Iwanami bookstore, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  IEC60601-2-52, “Medical electrical equipment – Part 2-52: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of medical beds,” 2009.
-  EN12184, “Electrically powered wheelchairs, scooters and chargers – Requirements and test methods,” 2009.
-  T. Kimura, “Risk Assessment of Service Robots and the Related Issues,” J. of the Robots Society of Japan, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 1151-1154, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  ISO13482 (DIS), “Robots and robotic devices – Safety requirements – Non-medical personal care robot.”
-  ISO12100, “Safety of machinery – General principles for design – Risk assessment and risk reduction,” 2010.
-  ISO14971, “Medical devices – Application of risk management to medical devices,” 2007.
-  H. Ikeda, K. Okabe, T. Saito, M. Murakami, and T. Houshi, “Development of Risk Assessment Model Sheet for Life-Supporting Robots,” The 29th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2B1-1, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  JIS T 9254, “Electrically operated adjustable bed for home use,” 2009 (in Japanese).
-  ISO13849-1, “Safety of machinery – Safety-related parts of control systems – Part 1: General principles for design,” 2006.
-  IEC62061, “Safety of machinery – Functional safety of safetyrelated electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems,” 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.