Development of Transfer Assist Robot System Supporting Self-Reliant Life
Yohei Kume*, Tomohiro Shimoda*, Akihiro Ohta*,
Shohei Tsukada*, Hideo Kawakami*, Mio Nakamura**,
Jun Suzurikawa**, and Takenobu Inoue**
*Panasonic Healthcare Co., Ltd., 2-7 Matsuba-cho, Kadoma City, Osaka 571-8502, Japan
**Research Institute of National Rehabilitation Center for Persons with Disabilities, 4-1 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-8555, Japan
To improve the practicality and safety of the transfer assist robot system “Roboticbed ®,”1 which combines an electric bed and an electric wheelchair, trial use evaluation and risk assessment were conducted and Roboticbed was improved based on these results. In trial use evaluation, behavior was observed and subjects were interviewed to identify requirements for improving the prototype. In risk assessment, safety measures based on a three-step method were examined in hazardous situations for which risk reduction was necessary. This paper reports details of these studies.
Shohei Tsukada, Hideo Kawakami, Mio Nakamura,
Jun Suzurikawa, and Takenobu Inoue, “Development of Transfer Assist Robot System Supporting Self-Reliant Life,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.25, No.2, pp. 417-424, 2013.
-  “Annual Report on the Aging Society: 2012,” Cabinet Office Japan (in Japanese).
-  R. Soyama, S. Ishii, and A. Fukase, “The Development of Meal-Assistance Robot ‘My Spoon’,” Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics, pp. 88-91, 2003.
-  Y. Takahashi, G.Manabe, K. Takahashi, and T. Hatakeyama, “Basic Study on Self-Transfer Aid Robotics,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 4-10, 2006.
-  Y. Kume and H. Kawakami, “Development of Power-Motion Assist Technology for Transfer Assist Robot,” Matsushita Technical J., Vol.54, No.2, pp. 50-52, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  T. Mukai, S. Hirano, H. Nakashima, Y. Sakaida, and S. Guo, “Realization and Safety Measures of Patient Transfer by Nursing-Care Assistant Robot RIBA with Tactile Sensors,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 360-369, 2011.
-  Y. Kume, H. Kawakami, S. Tsukada, and T. Nakamura, “Development of Robotic Bed (Topics: Living with Robot Technologies),” J. of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.64, No.5, pp. 31-34, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  M. Nakamura, M. Sakiyama, J. Suzurikawa, S. Tsukada, A. Ohta, Y. Kume, H. Kawakami, K. Inoue, and T. Inoue, “Methodology for user and user���s life centered clinical evaluation of assistive technology (ULCEAT): Evaluation with prototype Roboticbed,” Technology and Disability, Vol.24, pp. 273-282, 2012.
-  H. Oda, “Ethnography Beginning Guide,” Shunjyu Company, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  J. Kawakita, “Continuation of Methodology of the Creativity Techniques. Chukou-Shinsho,” 1970 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Hatamura, “Creation and Architectonics of Technology,” pp. 255-301, Iwanami bookstore, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  IEC60601-2-52, “Medical electrical equipment – Part 2-52: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of medical beds,” 2009.
-  EN12184, “Electrically powered wheelchairs, scooters and chargers – Requirements and test methods,” 2009.
-  T. Kimura, “Risk Assessment of Service Robots and the Related Issues,” J. of the Robots Society of Japan, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 1151-1154, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  ISO13482 (DIS), “Robots and robotic devices – Safety requirements – Non-medical personal care robot.”
-  ISO12100, “Safety of machinery – General principles for design – Risk assessment and risk reduction,” 2010.
-  ISO14971, “Medical devices – Application of risk management to medical devices,” 2007.
-  H. Ikeda, K. Okabe, T. Saito, M. Murakami, and T. Houshi, “Development of Risk Assessment Model Sheet for Life-Supporting Robots,” The 29th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2B1-1, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  JIS T 9254, “Electrically operated adjustable bed for home use,” 2009 (in Japanese).
-  ISO13849-1, “Safety of machinery – Safety-related parts of control systems – Part 1: General principles for design,” 2006.
-  IEC62061, “Safety of machinery – Functional safety of safetyrelated electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems,” 2005.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.