Development of a Human Symbiotic Assist Arm “PAS-Arm” (Experimental System and Creation of Virtual Guiding Surfaces)
Mineo Higuchi* and Tsukasa Ogasawara**
*Advanced Technology R&D Center, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, 8-1-1 Tsukaguchi-honmachi, Amagasaki, Hyogo 661-8661, Japan
**Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama-cho, Ikoma City, Nara 630-0192, Japan
-  ISO/CD12100, “Safety of machinery – Basic concepts, general principles for design,” 1998.
-  ISO10218, “Robots for industrial environments – Safety requirements, Part 1: Robot,” 2006.
-  T. Aoki and K. Taguchi, “Human-Assist Robot for Nursing Use,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 183-189, 2001.
-  A. Goswami, M. A. Peshkin, and J. E. Colgate, “Passive Robotics: An Exploration of Mechanical Computation,” Proc. of 1990, IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 279-284, 1990.
-  M. A. Peshkin and J. E. Colgate, “Cobots,” Industrial Robot, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 335-341, 1999.
-  M. Higuchi, “Working Auxiliary Arm,” Japanese Patent Application No.JP20030410620 20031209, Japanese Patent Publication No.JP2005169536, Japanese Patent No.4115927, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  M. Higuchi, “Development of a Human Symbiotic Assist Arm “PAS-Arm” (Basic Concept and Mechanism),” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.73, No.730, pp. 1762-1768, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  M. Higuchi, “Development of a Human Symbiotic Assist Arm “PAS-Arm” (Design of Mechanism·CVT and Experimental System),” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.75, No.749, pp. 104-112, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  T. Yoshikawa, “Analysis and Control of Robot Manipulators with Redundancy,” Proc. of 1st Int. Symposium of Robotics Research, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, pp. 735-747, 1984.
-  JIS B8436, “Circular Flanged Mechanical Interfaces of Industrial Robots,” 1989.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.