Characterization of Deformable Objects by Using Dynamic Nonprehensile Manipulation
Ixchel G. Ramirez-Alpizar, Mitsuru Higashimori, and Makoto Kaneko
Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
-  K. M. Lynch and M. T. Mason, “Dynamic nonprehensile manipulation: controllability, planning, and experiments,” Int. J. Robot. Res., Vol.18, No.8, pp. 64-92, 1999.
-  A. Amagai and K. Takase, “Implementation of dynamic manipulation with visual feedback and its application to pick and place task,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Assem. Task Planning, pp. 344-350, 2001.
-  D. Reznik, E. Moshkovich, and J. Canny, “Building a universal planar manipulator,” in Proc. Workshop Dist. Manip. at Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., 1999.
-  D. Reznik and J. Canny, “C’mon part, do the local motion!,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., pp. 2235-2242, 2001.
-  K. F. Böhringer, B. Donald, and N.MacDonald, “Sensorless manipulation using massively parallel microfabricated actuator arrays,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., Vol.1, pp. 826-833, 1994.
-  K. F. Böhringer, V. Bhatt, and K. Goldberg, “Sensorless manipulation using transverse vibrations of a plate,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., pp. 1989-1986, 1995.
-  K. F. Böhringer, K. Goldberg, M. Cohn, R. Howe, and A. Pisano, “Parallel microassembly with electrostatic force fields,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., Vol.2, pp. 1204-1211, 1998.
-  T. Vose, P. Umbanhowar, and K. M. Lynch, “Friction-induced velocity fields for point parts sliding on a rigid oscillated plate,” Int. J. Robot. Res., Vol.28, No.8, pp. 1020-1039, Aug. 2009.
-  T. Vose, P. Umbanhowar, and K. M. Lynch, “Friction-induced lines of attraction and repulsion for parts sliding on a oscillated plate,” IEEE Trans. Autom. Sci. Eng., Vol.6, pp. 685-699, Oct. 2009.
-  T. Vose, P. Umbanhowar, and K. M. Lynch, “Toward the set of frictional velocity fields generable by 6-degree-of-freedom oscillatory motion of a rigid plate,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., pp. 540-547, 2010.
-  M. Higashimori, K. Utsumi, Y. Omoto, and M. Kaneko, “Dynamic manipulation inspired by the handling of a pizza peel,” IEEE Trans. Robot., Vol.25, pp. 829-838, Aug. 2009.
-  M. Higashimori, Y. Omoto, and M. Kaneko, “Non-grasp manipulation of deformable object by using pizza handling mechanism,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., Kobe, Japan, pp. 120-125, 2009.
-  I. G. Ramirez-Alpizar, M. Higashimori, M. Kaneko, C.-H. D. Tsai, and I. Kao, “Dynamic nonprehensile manipulation for rotating a thin deformable object: an analogy to bipedal gaits,” IEEE Trans. Robot., Vol.28, pp. 607-618, June 2012.
-  I. G. Ramirez-Alpizar, M. Higashimori, and M. Kaneko, “Estimation of a thin flexible object with bipedal gaits,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Autom. Sci. and Eng., Seoul, Korea, pp. 952-957, 2012.
-  S. Hirai, “Transferring human motion to mechanical manipulator in insertion of deformable tubes,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 209-213, 1998.
-  K. Salleh, H. Seki, Y. Kamiya, and M. Hikizu, “Tracing manipulation in clothes spreading by robot arms,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 564-571, 2006.
-  K. S. M. Sahari, H. Seki, Y. Kamiya, and M. Hikizu, “Passive edge tracing of deformable object by robot,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 458-461, 2011.
-  K. Koo, X. Jiang, A. Konno, and M. Uchiyama, “Development of a wire harness assembly motion planner for redundant multiple manipulators,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 907-918, 2011.
-  M. Moore and J. Wihelms, “Collision detection and response for computer animation,” Comput. Graphics, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 289-298, 1988.
-  J. K. Patel, C. H. Kapadia, and D. B. Owen, “Handbook of statistical distributions,” Marcel Dekker, Inc., p. 212, 1976.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.