Quasi-Sliding Mode Control of a High-Precision Hybrid Magnetic Suspension Actuator
Dengfeng Li and Hector Martin Gutierrez
Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Florida Institute of Technology, 150 West University Boulevard, Melbourne, FL 32901, USA
-  W. Gao, S. Sato, Y. Sakurai, and S. Kiyono, “Design of a Precision Linear-Rotary Positioning Actuator,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 803-807, 2006.
-  Y. Irie, H. Aoyama, J. Kubo, T. Fujioka, and T. Usuda, “Piezo-Impact-Driven X-Y Stage and Precise Sample Holder for Accurate Microlens Alignment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.5, pp. 635-641, 2009.
-  D. Trumper, S. Olson, and P. Subrahmanyan, “Linearizing Control of Magnetic Suspension Systems,” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 427-438, 1997.
-  V. Oliveira, E. Costa, and J. Vargas, “Digital Implementation of a Magnetic Suspension Control System for Laboratory Experiments,” IEEE Trans. Education, Vol.42, No.4, pp. 315-322, 1999.
-  S. Mittaland and C. Menq, “Precision Motion Control of a Magnetic Suspension Actuator Using a Robust Nonlinear Compensation Scheme,” IEEE Trans. Mechatronics, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 268-280, 1997.
-  S. Kuo, X. Shan, and C. Menq, “Large Travel Ultra Precision x-y-θ Motion Control of a Magnetic-Suspension Stage,” IEEE Trans. Mechatronics, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 334-341, 2003.
-  H.M. Gutierrez and P. I. Ro, “Sliding Mode Control of a Nonlinear-Input System: Application to a Magnetically Levitated Fast-Tool Servo,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.45, No.6, 1998.
-  H. M. Gutierrez and P. I. Ro, “Parametric Modeling and Control of a Long- Range Actuator using Magnetic Servo Levitation,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol.34, No.5, Sept. 1998.
-  F. Lin, L. Teng, and P. Shieh, “Intelligent Sliding-Mode Control Using RBFN for Magnetic Levitation System,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, No.3, pp. 1752-1762, 2007.
-  D. Craig and M. Khamesee, “Motion Control of a Large Gap Magnetic Suspension System for Microrobotic Manipulation,” J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Vol.40, pp. 3277-3285, 2007.
-  M. Khamesee and E. Shameli, “Regulation Technique for a Large Gap Magnetic Field for 3D Non-contact Manipulation,” The Elsevier J. of Mechatronics, Vol.15, pp. 1073-1087, 2005.
-  S. Verma, H. Shakir, and W. Kim, “Novel Electromagnetic Actuation Scheme for Multiaxis Nanopositioning,” IEEE Trans. Magnetics, Vol.42, No.8, pp. 2052-2062, 2006.
-  J. Gu, W. Kim, and S. Verma, “Nanoscale Motion Control With a Compact Minimum-Actuator Magnetic Levitator,” ASME J. Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol.127, pp. 433-442, 2005.
-  H. Maruyama, F. Arai, and T. Fukuda, “On-Chip Microparticle Manipulation Using Disposable Magnetically Driven Microdevices,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 264-270, 2006.
-  L. Feng, T. Kawahara, Y. Yamanishi, M. Hagiwara, K. Kosuge, and F. Arai, “On-Demand and Size-Controlled Production of Droplets by Magnetically Driven Microtool,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 133-140, 2012.
-  M. Hagiwara, M. Niimi, T. Kawahara, Y. Yamanishi, H. Nakanishi, and F. Arai, “On-Chip Particle Sorting into Multiple Channels by Magnetically Driven Microtools,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 370-377, 2011.
-  M. Pakkratoke, S. Hirata, C. Kanamori, and H. Aoyama, “Development of Microscopic Hardness and Stiffness Investigation System with MicroRobot,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 123-132, 2012.
-  W. Gao, K. Horie, S. Dian, K. Katakura, and S. Kiyono, “Improvement in a Surface Motor-Driven Planar Motion Stage,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 808-815, 2006.
-  S. Ludwick, D. Trumper, and M. Holmes, “Modeling and Control of a Six Degree-of-Freedom Magnetic/Fluidic Motion Control Stage,” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 553-564, 1996.
-  H. Gutierrez and P. Ro, “Magnetic Servo Levitation by Sliding-Mode Control of Nonaffine Systems with Algebraic Input Invertibility,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.52, No.5, pp. 1449-1455, 2005.
-  D. Pebrianti, W.Wang, D. Iwakura, Y. Song, and K. Nonami, “Sliding Mode Controller for Stereo Vision Based Autonomous Flight of Quad-Rotor MAV,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 137-148, 2011.
-  J. Y. Hung, W. Gao, and J. C. Hung, “Variable Structure Control: A Survey,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.40, No.1, pp. 2-22, 1993.
-  S. Chikazumi, “Physics of Ferromagnetism,” Oxford University Press, pp. 19-21, 2005.
-  S. Kuo and C. Menq, “Modeling and Control of a Six-axis Precision Motion Control Stage,” IEEE Trans. Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 50-59, 2005.
-  H. Khalil, “Nonlinear Systems Third Edition,” Prentice Hall, 2002.
-  W. Gao and J. C. Hung, “Variable Structure Control of Nonlinear Systems: A New Approach,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.40, No.1, pp. 45-55, 1993.
-  A. Tesfaye, H. Lee, and M. Tomizuka, “A Sensitivity Optimization Approach to Design of a Disturbance Observer in Digital Motion Control Systems,” IEEE Trans. Mechatronics, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 32-38, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.