Circular Leader-Follower Formation Control of Quad-Rotor Aerial Vehicles
Mohammad Fadhil Bin Abas*, Dwi Pebrianti*, Syaril Azrad Md. Ali*,
Daisuke Iwakura*, Yuze Song*, Kenzo Nonami**,
and Daigo Fujiwara**
*Department of Artificial System Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
-  Y. Q. Chen and Z. Wang, “Formation control: a review and a new consideration,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2005 (IROS 2005), pp. 3181-3186, August 2-6, 2005.
-  Y. Gu, B. Seanor, G. Campa, M. R. Napolitano, L. Rowe, S. Gururajan, and S. Wan, “Design and Flight Testing Evaluation of Formation Control Laws,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology (Journal), Vol.14, Issue 6, pp. 1105-1112, 2006.
-  B. Vanek, T. Peni, J. Bokor, and G. Balas, “Practical approach to real-time trajectory tracking of UAV formations,” Proc. of the American Control Conf., Vol.1, pp. 122-127, 2005.
-  D. Nakazawa, S. Suzuki, S. Sakai, and K. Nonami, “Formation Flight Control of Small Unmanned Helicopters,” Trans. of The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.74, No.747, pp. 2737-2746, 2008.
-  N. Kubota, Y. Nojima, F. Kojima, T. Fukuda, and S. Shibata, “Path Planning and Control for a Flexible Transfer System,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 103-109, 2000.
-  M. F. Abas, S. Azrad, D. Pebrianti, D. Iwakura, Y. Song, K. Nonami, and D. Fujiwara, “Leader-Follower Formation Control of Multiple Quad-rotor Aerial Vehicles,” The Int. Conf. on Intelligent Unmanned Systems 2011 (ICIUS2011), Mitsui Garden Hotel Chiba, Chiba, Japan, Oct. 31 to Nov. 2, 2011.
-  M. F. Abas, S. Azrad, D. Pebrianti, and K. Nonami, “Formation Flight Control for MAV by Using Fully Embedded Vision Tracking,” The 53rd Japan JOINT Automatic Control Conf., Castle Hall, Kochi, November 4-6, 2010.
-  N. Lechevin, C. A. Rabbath and E. Earon, “Towards Decentralized Fault Detection in UAV Formations,” Proc. of the 2007 American Control Conf., Marriott Marquls Hotel at Times Square, New York City, USA, pp. 5759-5764, July 11-13, 2007.
-  B. Yun, B.M. Chen, K. Y. Lum, and T. H. Lee, “A Leader-Follower Formation Flight Control Scheme for UAV Helicopters,” Prec. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Automation and Logistics, Qingdao, pp. 39-44, China, September 2008.
-  W. Etter, P. Martin, and R. Mangharam, “Cooperative Flight Guidance of Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” The Second Int. Workshop on Networks of Cooperating Objects, 2011.
-  Y. Gu, B. Seanor, G. Campa, M. R. Napolitano, L. Rowe, S. Gururajan, and S.Wen, “Design and Flight Testing Evaluation of Formation Control Laws,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol.14, No.6, pp. 1105-1112, November 2006.
-  B. Ganesh and N. Komerath, “Unsteady Aerodynamics of Rotorcraft in Ground Effect,” American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Paper 2004-2431, Fluid Dynamics Meeting, Portland, OR, pp. 1-18, June 2004.
-  D. P. Pulla, “A Study of Helicopter Aerodynamics in Ground Effect,” Ph.D. Dissertation, The Ohio State University, 2006.
-  S. Azrad, F. Kendoul, D. Perbrianti, and K. Nonami, “Visual Servoing of an Autonomous Micro Air Vehicle for Ground Object Tracking,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 5321-5326, St. Louis, USA, October 11-15, 2009.
-  D. Pebrianti, W.Wang, D. Iwakura, Y. Song, and K. Nonami, “Sliding Mode Controller for Stereo Vision Based Autonomous Flight of Quad-Rotor MAV,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 137-148, 2011.
-  K. H. Ang, G. Chong, and Y. Li, “PID Control System Analysis, Design, and Technology,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 559-576, July 2005.
-  S. Boubdallah, P. Murrieri, and R. Siegwart, “Design and Control of an Indoor Micro Quadrotor,” In Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4393-4398, April 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.