Application of “Planar Muscle” with Soft Skin-Like Outer Function Suitable for Musculoskeletal Humanoid
Masahiko Osada, Hironori Mizoguchi, Yuki Asano,
Toyotaka Kozuki, Junichi Urata, Yuto Nakanishi,
Kei Okada, and Masayuki Inaba
Department of Mechano-Informatics, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
-  R. Pfeifer and J. Bongard, “How the body shapes the way we think,” MIT Press, 2007.
-  K. Narioka, R. Niiyamaa, Y. Ishii, and K. Hosoda, “Pneumatic musculoskeletal infant robots,” in The 2009 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2009.
-  D. Sakamoto and H. Ishiguro, “Geminoid: Remote-controlled android system for studying human presence,” Kansei Engineering International, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 3-9, 2009.
-  Y. Sakagami, R. Watanabe, C. Aoyama, S. Matsunaga, N. Higaki, and K. Fujimura, “The intelligent asimo:system overview and integration,” in Proce. of The 2002 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2478-2483, 2002.
-  B. Tondu, S. Ippolito, J. Guiochet, and A. Daidie, “A seven-degreesof-freedom robot-arm driven by pneumatic artificial muscles for humanoid robots,” in The Int. J. of Robotics Research 2005, p. 257, 2005.
-  H. Marques, M. Jäntsch, S. Wittmeier, C. Alessandro, O. Holland, C. Alessandro, A. Diamond, M. Lungarella, and R. Knight, “Ecce1: the first of a series of anthropomimetic musculoskeletal upper torsos,” in Proc. of Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 391-396, 2010.
-  I. Mizuuchi, T. Yoshikai, Y. Sodeyama, Y. Nakanishi, A. Miyadera, T. Yamamoto, T. Niemelä, M. Hayashi, J. Urata, Y. Namiki, T. Nishino, and M. Inaba, “Development of musculoskeletal humanoid kotaro,” in Proc. of The 2006 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 82-87, May 2006.
-  I. Mizuuchi, Y. Nakanishi, Y. Sodeyama, Y. Namiki, T. Nishino, N. Muramatsu, J. Urata, K. Hongo, T. Yoshikai, and M. Inaba, “An advanced musculoskeletal humanoid kojiro,” in Proc. of the 2007 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2007), December 2007.
-  O. Masahiko, I. Nobuyuki, N. Yuto, and I. Masayuki, “Stiffness readout in musculo-skeletal humanoid robot by using rotary potentiometer,” in Proc. of the 9th Annual IEEE Int. Conf. on Sensors, pp. 2329-2333, 2010.
-  K. Hyodo and H. Kobayashi, “A study on tendon controlled wrist mechanism with nonlinear spring tensioner,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.11, No.8, pp. 1244-1251, 1993.
-  N. Hogan, “Impedance control: An approach to manipulator, part 1-3,” Trans. ASME, J. of Dynamic of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol.107, pp. 1-24, 1985.
-  K. F. Laurin-Kovitz, J. E. Colgate, and S. D. R. Carnes, “Design of components for programmable passive impedance,” in Proc. of the 1991 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, Sacramento, California, pp. 1476-1481, April 1991.
-  T. Sugaiwa, H. Iwata, and S. Sugano, “New visco-elastic mechanism design for flexible joint manipulator,” in Proc. of the 2008 IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 235-240, July 2008.
-  O. Eiberger, S. Hddadin, M. Weis, A. Albu-schaffer, and G. Hirzinger, “On joint design with intrinsic variable compliance: Derivation of the DLR QA-joint,” in Proc. of the 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, 2010.
-  T. Izawa, Y. Nakanishi, N. Ito, M. Osada, K. Hongo, S. Ohta, T. Yoshikai, K. Okada, and M. Inaba, “Development of stiffness changeable multijoint cervical structure with soft sensor flesh for musculo-skeletal humanoids,” in Proc. of the 2010 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2010), pp. 665-670. December 2010.
-  J. Kohara (Ed.), “Idea from Human Engineering: Research for Life Quality,” Japan: Koudan-sha Press, 1982.
-  Y. Namiki, Y. Nakanishi, J. Urata, Y. Sodeyama, I. Mizuuchi, and M. Inaba, “Design and implementation of the torso consisting of spine and pelvis of musculo-skeletal humanoid ’kojiro’,” in Proc. of the 2007 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2007), December 2007.
-  D. R. Wilkie, “The relation between force and velocity in human muscle,” The J. of physiology, Vol.110, No.3-4, pp. 249-280, 1949.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.