Efficient Scooping of Rocks by Autonomous Controlled Wheel Loader
Hisashi Osumi*1, Tomoya Uehara*2, Naoto Okada*2, Takuya Fujiwara*3, and Shigeru Sarata*4
*Faculty of Science and Engineering, Chuo University, 1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8551, Japan
*2Canon Corp., Japan
*3Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Chuo University, Japan
*4University of Tsukuba, Japan
-  H. Oda, K. Obata, and A. Fujioka, “Unmanned Construction System of Civil Engineering,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.18, No.7, pp. 923-927, 2000.
-  H. Oshima, T. One, H. Tamaki, and S. Takasugi, “Automation of Loading and Hauling Work in Mining and Quarry,” KOMATSU TECHNICAL REPORT, Vol.43, No.1, pp. 27-39, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  H. Osumi, “Automation of Loading Operation by Wheel Loader – Abstract of Yamazumi Project –,” Construction Machinery and Eqauipment, Japan Industrial Publishing, Vol.42, No.3, pp. 42-47, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  N. Koyachi, S. Sarata, and K. Sugawara, “Scoop and Loading Execution by the Autonomous Wheel Loader “Yamazumi-4” – Task Control and Path Following Control –,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.26, No.6, pp. 514-521, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  A. Hemami, “Force analysis in the scooping/loading operation of an LHD Loader,” Proc. MineMechanization and Automation, Almgren, Kumar & Vaganas (Eds.), pp. 415-424, 1993.
-  H. Zhang, K. Sato, and K. Itakura, “Strategy, Trajectory Generation and Control for Scooping – Study on implementing machine intelligence into wheel loader (2nd Report) –,” Shigen-to-Sozai, Vol.117, pp. 947-954, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  H. Takahashi, “Analysis on the Resistive Forces Acting on the Bucket of a Load-Haul-Dump Machine and a Wheel Loader in the Scooping Task,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 97-114, 1999.
-  Y. Takahashi, R. Yasuhara, O. Kanai, H. Osumi, and S. Sarata, “Development of Bucket Scooping Mechanism for Analysis of Reaction Force against Rock Piles,” Proc. 23rd Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, pp. 476-481, 2006.
-  F. Oka, “Soil Mechanics,” Asakura Publishing, 2003 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.