Development of Database of Children’s Fall Dynamics Using Daily Behavior Observing System
Hiroyuki Kakara*1,*2, Yoshifumi Nishida*2, Sang Min Yoon*3,
Hiroshi Mizoguchi*1,*2, and Tatsuhiro Yamanaka*4
*1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda-shi, Chiba 278-8510, Japan
*2Digital Human Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 2-3-26 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064, Japan
*3School of Computer Science, Kookmin University, 861-1 Chungnung-dong, Songbuk-gu, Seoul 136-702, Korea
*4Ryokuen Children’s Clinic, 2-1-6-201 Ryokuen, Midori-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 245-0002, Japan
-  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, “Project of Building a Safety-Knowledge-Recycling-Based Society 2009,” 2009 (in Japanese).
-  T. R. Miller, E. O. Romano, and R. S. Spicer, “The cost of childhood unintentional injuries and the value of prevention,” The Future of Children (issue on Unintentional injuries in childhood), Vol.10, pp. 137-163, 2000.
-  World Health Organization, “World Report on Child Injury Prevention,” M. Peden, K. Oyegbite, J. Ozanne-Smith, A. A. Hyder, C. Branche, A. F. Rahman, F. Rivara, and K. Bartolomeos (Eds.), 2008.
-  Y. Miyazaki, Y. Murai, Y. Nishida, T. Yamanaka, M. Mochimaru, and M. Kouchi. “Head Injury Analysis In Case of Fall from Playground Equipment Using Child Fall Simulator,” The impact of Technology on Sport, Vol.3, pp. 417-421, 2009.
-  Y. Miyazaki, Y. Nishida, Y. Motomura, T. Yamanaka, and I. Kakefuda, “Computer Simulation of Childhood Head Injury Due To Fall From Playground Equipment,” The 2nd Asia Pacific Injury Prevention Conference, November 2008.
-  A. K. Bourke, J. V. O’Brien, and G. M. Lyons, “Evaluation of a threshold-based tri-axial accelerometer fall detection algorithm,” Gait and Posture, Vol.26, Issue 2, pp. 194-199, November 2006.
-  T. Zhang, J. Wang, P. Liu, and J. Hou, “Fall Detection by Embedding an Accelerometer in Cellphone and Using KFD Algorithm,” IJCSNS Int. J. of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol.6, No.10, pp. 277-284, October 2006.
-  S. Robinovitch, F. Feldman, D.Wan, O. Aziz, and T. Sarraf, “Video recording of real-life falls in long term care provides new insight on the cause and circumstances offalls in older adults,” Proc. of the XIX Conf. of the Int. Society for Posture & Gait Research Bologna, p. 80, June 2009.
-  M. J. Gibson et al., “Falls in later life,” Improving the Health of Older People: a World View. New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 296-315, 1990.
-  H. Kakara, Y. Nishida, Y. Miyazaki, H. Mizoguchi, and T. Yamanaka, “Development of Database of Fall Dynamics Probabilistic Distribution for Biomechanical Simulation,” The Proc. of The 2011 Int. Conf. on Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Methods, pp. 82-88, July 19, 2011
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.