Insole-Type Simultaneous Measurement System of Plantar Pressure and Shear Force During Gait for Diabetic Patients
Taketoshi Mori*, Masako Hamatani**, Hiroshi Noguchi*,
Makoto Oe**, and Hiromi Sanada**
*Life Support Technology (Molten), Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
**Department of Health Sciences and Nursing, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
-  International Consensus on the Diabetic Foot & Practical Guideline on the Management and Prevention of Diabetic Foot 2007 by the International Working Group on the Diabetic Foot.
-  G. E. Reiber, B. A. Lipsky, and G. W. Gibbons, “The burden of diabetic foot ulcers. Am J Surg,” Vol.176, No.2A, pp. 5S-10S, 1998.
-  “International Working Group on the Diabetic Foot,” Practical guidelines on the management and the prevention of the diabetic foot: based upon the international consensus on the diabetic foot prepared by the International Working Group on the Diabetic Foot, 2007.
-  J. L. Lázaro-Martínez, F. J. Aragón-Sánchez, and J. V. Beneit-Montesinos et al., “Foot biomechanics in patients with diabetes mellitus: doubts regarding the relationship between neuropathy, foot motion, and deformities,” J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc., Vol.101, No.3, pp. 208-214, 2011.
-  D. B. Freeman, “Corns and calluses resulting from mechanical hyperkeratosis,” Am Fam Physician, Vol.65, No.11, pp. 2277-2280, 2002.
-  M. Hirasawa, H. Okada et al., “The Development of the Plantar Pressure Sensor Shoes for Gait Analysis,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 289-295, 2008.
-  A. Caselli, H. Pham, J. M. Giurini et al., “The forefoot-to-rearfoot plantar pressure ratio is increased in severe diabetic neuropathy and can predict foot ulceration,” Diabetes Care. Vol.25, No.6, pp. 1066-1071, 2002.
-  A. Ishida, S. Miyazaki et al., “Biomechanics of Body Motion,” Corona publishing Co. Ltd., 2002 (in Japanese).
-  S. Suzuki, A. Chaki et al., “Effect of Reduced Plantar Sensation on Human Gaits on Various Terrains,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 258-265, 2011.
-  M. Lord and R. Hosein, “A study of in-shoe plantar shear in patients with diabetic neuropathy,” Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon), Vol.15, No.4, pp. 278-283, 2000.
-  Y. Cong, J. T.-M. Cheung, A. K. Leung, and M. Zhang, “Effect of heel height on in-shoe localized triaxial stresses,” J. Biomech., Vol.44, No.12, pp. 2267-2272, 2011.
-  “Japanese Diabetic Neuropathy Association. Practical diagnostic criteria for diabetic polyneuropathy,” Peripheral Nerve, Vol.15, pp. 92-94, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  K. Sudo, S. Shimada, Y. Iida et al., “Quantitative evaluation of walking style from the temporal and spatial tracks of sole pressure points,” Electron Comm. Jpn., Vol.89, No.4, pp. 42-54, 2006.
-  N. Singh, D. G. Armstrong, and B. A. Lipsky, “Preventing foot ulcers in patients with diabetes,” JAMA, Vol.293, No.2, pp. 217-228, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.