Analysis of Nurse Calls for Residents and Workers Condition Understanding in Nursing Homes
Hiroyasu Miwa and Tomohiro Fukuhara
Center for Service Research, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), AIST Tokyo Waterfront 3F, 2-3-26 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064, Japan
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “Overall of investigation about nursing-service facility in 2011,” Vol.1, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Majima, Y. Tamura, Y. Maekawa, M. Ohira, and M. Ikegawa, “Survey of actual conditions of reasons for nurse calls: comparing a surgical ward and a medical ward,” Proc. of NI2009 – Connecting Health and Humans, pp. 419-423, 2009.
-  E. T. Miller, C. Deets, and R. V. Miller, “Nurse Call Systems: Impact on Nursing Performance,” J. of Nursing Care Quality, Vol.3, Issue 11, pp. 36-43, 1997.
-  T. Nomura, M. Iwamoto, M. Mioka, M. Iwasa, M. Suzuki, T. Matsuda, and K. Yamakado, “Toward the next level of nursing – preemptive nursing to decrease nurse calls and increase patients satisfaction –,” New tazuka medical welfare center magazine, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 5-8, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Iizuka, M. Nomura, E. Fukuhara, M. Kasahara, and I. Masuko, “Frequent nurse calls – Patients need found through nurse calls –,” The Japanese J. of Clinical Nursing, Vol.34, No.12, pp. 1848-1860, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  H. Noma, A. Ohmura, H. Kuwahara, and K. Kogure, “Wearable sensors for auto-event-recording on medical nursing – user study of ergonomic design,” Proc. of Eighth Int. Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC 2004), pp. 8-15, 2004.
-  A. Abe and K. Kogure, “E-Nightingale: Crisis Detection in Nursing Activities,” Studies in Computational Intelligence, Vol.30, pp. 357-371, 2006.
-  N. Izawa and J. Yasuda, “Point for dissemination of nursing care information system,” NRI Public Management Review, Vol.95, pp. 1-3, 2011 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.