A Yank-Based Variable Coefficient Method for a Low-Powered Semi-Active Power Assist System
Andre Rosendo, Takayuki Tanaka, and Shun’ichi Kaneko
Department of System Science and Informatics, Hokkaido University, Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0814, Japan
-  H. Kazerooni, “Human power extender: an example of humanmachine interaction via the transfer of power and information signals,” 5th Int. Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, 1998.
-  K. Kiguchi, S. Kumar Kundu, and M. Sasaki, “Development of an inner skeleton Power Assist System for forearm motion,” J. of Biomechanics, Vol.39, Sup.1, p. 525, 2006.
-  M. Yokoyama, G. Kim, and M. Tsuchiya, “Integral Sliding Mode Control with Anti-windup Compensation and its Application to a Power Assist System,” J. of Vibration and Control, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 506-512, 2009.
-  T. J. Yeh et al., “Control of McKibben pneumatic muscles for a power-assist, lower-limb orthosis,” J. of Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.6, pp. 686-697, 2010.
-  L. Huang, J. R. Steger, and H. Kazerooni, “Hybrid Control of the Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton (BLEEX),” Proc. of Int. Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, 2005.
-  Y. Imamura, T. Tanaka, S. Kaneko, M. Yamanaka, and D. Hotta, “Design of Passive Power Assist Device for Care Motions,” ACDDE 2010 Proc., pp. 957-962, 2010.
-  T. Noritsugu, D. Sasaki, M. Kameda, A. Fukunaga, and M. Takaiwa, “Wearable Power Assist Device for Standing Up Motion Using Pneumatic Rubber Artificial Muscles,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.6, 2007.
-  T. Doi, H. Yamada, T. Ikemoto, and H. Naratani, “Simulation of a Pneumatic Hand Crane Power-Assist System,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.6, 2008.
-  K. Kiguchi, M. Liyanage, and Y. Kose, “Perception-Assist with an Active Stereo Camera for an Upper-Limb Power-Assist Exoskeleton,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.5, 2009.
-  M. Nakano, T. Tanaka, S. Kaneko, K. Yamano, and Y. Tsutsui, “Improving Maneuverability of Power-Assisted Valve for Fire Engines Based on Prediction of Valve Opening Times,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.5, 2009.
-  Y. Kadowaki, T. Noritsugu, M. Takaiwa, D. Sasaki, and M. Kato, “Development of Soft Power-Assist Glove and Control Based on Human Intent,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.2, 2011.
-  T. Kusaka et al., “Assist Force Control of Smart Suit for Horse Trainers Considering Motion Synchronization,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.6, 2009.
-  M. Uemura, K. Kanaoka, and S. Kawamura, “Power Assist Systems based on Resonance of Passive Elements,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4316-4321, 2006.
-  Y. Hayashibara, K. Tanie, and H. Arai, “Design of a power assist system with consideration of actuator’s maximum torque,” Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Communication, 1995.
-  Y. Hayashibara, K. Tanie, and H. Arai, “Development of power assist system with individual compensation ratios for gravity and dynamic load,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 1997.
-  M. Yokoyama, G. Kim, and M. Tsuchiya, “Integral Sliding Mode Control with Anti-windup Compensation and its Application to a Power Assist System,” J. of Vibration and Control, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 503-512, 2010.
-  A. Rosendo, T. Tanaka, and S. Kaneko, “A Novel Semi-Active Assist System Considering Low-powered Actuator Limitations,” Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, 2010.
-  A. Rosendo, T. Tanaka, and S. Kaneko, “Design of controller for a Semi-Active AssistMechanism considering Low-Powered Actuator Limitation,” Robotics and Mechatronics Conf., 2010.
-  M. Uemura, K. Kanaoka, and S. Kawamura, “Power assist system for sinusoidal motion by passive element and impedance control,” Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3935-3940, 2006.
-  T. Flash and N. Hogan, “The coordination of Arm Movements: An experimentally confirmed Mathematical Model,” The J. of Neuroscience, Vol.5, pp. 1688-1706, 1985.
-  F. Amirabdollahian, R. Loureiro, and W. Harwin, “Minimum Jerk Trajectory Control for Rehabilitation and Haptic Applications,” Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3380-3385, 2002.
-  F. Yates, “Systematic Sampling,” Philosophical Trans. of The Royal Society, Vol.241, No.834, pp. 345-377, 1948.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.