An RT Component for Simulating People Movement in Public Space and its Application to Robot Motion Planner Development
Atsushi Shigemura, Yuki Ishikawa, Jun Miura,
and Junji Satake
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tenpaku-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
-  C.W. Raynolds, “Flocks, Herds, and Schools: A Distributed Behavioral Model,” Computer Graphics, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 25-34, 1987.
-  D. Helbing, I. J. Harkas, P. Molnar, and T. Vicsek, “Simulation of Pedestrian Crowds, in Normal and Evacuation Situations,” Proc. of Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics 2000, pp. 21-58, 2000.
-  A. Akuzawa and A. Taguchi, “A Study of Simulation Model for Pedestrian Movement in a Station Yard,” Abstracts of 2005 Autumn Forum of the Operations Research Society of Japan, pp. 192-193, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W.-K. Yoon, “RTmiddleware: Distributed component middleware for RT (robot technology),” 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3555-3560, 2005.
-  E. T. Hall, “The hidden dimension,” Doubleday & Company, 1966.
-  J. J. Fruin, “PEDESTRIAN – Planning and Design –,”Metropolitan Association of Urban Designers and Environmental Planners, 1971.
-  K. Okada, T. Wada, and Y. Takahashi, “Walking model and people flow simulation based on person’s behavior,” Abstracts of 2003 Spring Forum of the Operations Research Society of Japan, pp. 102-103, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  F. Lamarche and S. Donikian, “Crowds of Virtual Humans: a New Approach for Real Time Navigation in Complex and Structured Environments,” Computer Graphics Forum, Proc. of Eurographics 2004, Vol.3, No.23, pp. 509-518, 2004.
-  I. Ardiyanto and J. Miura, “Heuristically Arrival Time Field-Biased (HeAT) Random Tree: An Online Path Planning Algorithm for Mobile Robot Consdering Kinodynamic Constraints,” Proc. of 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 360-365, 2011.
-  K. Kitajima, J. Miura, and J. Satake, “Map generation and localization for mobile robot using appearance and range information,” JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conderence 2011, 2011. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.