Probabilistic Planning for Predictive Condition Monitoring and Adaptation Within the Self-Optimizing Energy Management of an Autonomous Railway Vehicle
Benjamin Klöpper*, Christoph Sondermann-Wölke**,
and Christoph Romaus**
*National Institute of Informatics, Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8430, Japan
**University of Paderborn, Germany
-  R. Isermann, “Mechatronic Systems: Fundamentals,” Springer-Verlag, London, 2005.
-  J. Gausemeier, S. Kahl, and S. Pook, “From Mechatronics to Self-Optimizing Systems,” In Self-optimizing Mechatronic Systems: Design the Future, 7th Int. Heinz Nixdorf Symposium, 2008.
-  J. C. Laprie (Ed.), “Dependability: Basic Concepts and Terminology in English, French, German, Italian, and Japanese,” Springer-Verlag, Wien, 1992.
-  B. Klöpper, C. Sondermann-Wölke, C. Romaus, and H. Voecking, “Probabilistic Planning Integrated in a Multi-level Dependability Concept for Mechatronic Systems,” In 2009 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Control and Automation, pp. 104-111, 2009.
-  S. Russell and P. Norvig, “Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach,” Prentice Hall, 3 edition, 2009.
-  G. Della Penna, D. Magazzeni, F. Mercorio, and B. Intrigila, “UPMurphi: A Tool for Universal Planning on PDDL+ Problems,” In Proc. of 19th Int. Conf. on Automated Planning and Scheduling, pp. 106-113, 2009.
-  P. Maier and M. Sachenbacher, “Self-Monitoring and Control for Embedded Systems using Hybrid Constraint Automata,” In Self-X in Engineering, pp. 8-23. MV-Verlag, 2009.
-  P. Adelt, N. Esau, and A. Schmidt, “Hybrid Planning for an Air Gap Adjustment System Using Fuzzy Models,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.5, pp. 647-655, 2009.
-  P. Adelt and B. Klöpper, “Buildings Blocks and Prototypical Implementation of a Hybrid Planning Architecture,” In Self-x in Engineering, pp. 55-67, 2009.
-  I. Little and S. Thiebaux, “Concurrent Probabilistic Planning in the Graphplan Framework,” In Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Automated Planning & Scheduling, June 6-10, 2006, Cumbria, pp. 263-273, 2006.
-  N. Onder, G. C. Whelan, and L. Li, “Engineering a Conformant Probabilistic Planner,” J. of Artificial Intelligence Research, Vol.25, pp. 1-15, 2006.
-  J. Blythe, “Planning Under Uncertainty in Dynamic Domains,” Ph.D. thesis, Carnegie Mellon University Computer Science Department, 1998.
-  L. Johannesson, M. Asbogard, and B. Egardt, “Assessing the Potential of Predictive Control for Hybrid Vehicle Powertrains Using Stochastic Dynamic Programming,” Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE Trans. on, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 71-83, 2007.
-  C. Romaus, K. Gathmann, and J. Böcker, “Optimal Energy Management for a Hybrid Energy Storage System for Electric Vehicles Based on Stochastic Dynamic Programming,” In Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conf. (VPPC 2010), IEEE, 2010.
-  S. Ross, J. Pineau, S. Paquet, and B. Chaib-draa, “Online Planning Algorithms for POMDPs,” J. of Artificial Intelligence Research, Vol.32, pp. 663-704, 2008.
-  C. Sondermann-Wölke and W. Sextro, “Integration of Condition Monitoring in Self-Optimizing Function Modules Applied to the Active Railway Guidance Module,” Int. J. on Advances in Intelligent Systems, Vol.3, No.1-12, pp. 65-74, 2010.
-  C. Sondermann-Wölke, J. Geisler, T. Müller, A. Trächtler, and J. Böcker, “The active guidance module of a rail-bound vehicle as an application for the dependability oriented design in selfoptimizing systems,” In ASME 2008 Int. Design Engineering Technical Conf. & Computers and Information in Engineering Conf., 2008.
-  “ISO 17359, Condition monitoring and diagnostic of machines – general guidelines,” 2003.
-  C. Henke, N. Fröhleke, and J. Böcker, “Advanced Convoy Control Strategy for Autonomously Driven Railway Vehicles,” IEEE Conf. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2006.
-  H. Grotstollen, “Design of Long-Stator Linear Motor Drives for RailCab TestTrack,” J. of Power Electronics (JPE), KIPE, Vol.5, pp. 166-172, 2005.
-  T. Schneider, B. Schulz, C. Henke, K. Witting, D. Steenken, and J. Böcker, “Energy Transfer via Linear Doubly-Fed Motor in Different Operating Modes,” In Int. Electric Machines and Drives Conf. (IEMDC), 2009.
-  C. Romaus, J. Böcker, K. Witting, A. Seifried, and O. Znamenshchykov, “Optimal Energy Management for a Hybrid Energy Storage System Combining Batteries and Double Layer Capacitors,” In Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2009.
-  H. Vöcking and A. Trächtler, “Self-optimization of an Active Suspension System Regarding Energy Requirements,” In Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems 2008, 2008.
-  W. v. Wezel and R. Jorne, “Paradoxes in Planning,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.14, pp. 269-286, 2001.
-  D. Warren, “Generating Conditional Plans and Programms,” In Proc. of the summer Conf. on AI and Simulation, 1977.
-  J. Blythe, “Artificial intelligence today: recent trends and developments,” chapter An overview of planning under uncertainty, pp. 85-110, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1999.
-  R. Dearden, “Planning and learning in hybrid discrete domains – continuous models,” In 20th Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, 2005.
-  I. Ben-Gal, “Encyclopedia of Statistics in Quality & Reliability,” chapter Bayesian Networks, Wiley & Sons, 2007.
-  J. Pearl, “Probabilistic Reasoning in Intelligent Systems – Networks of Plausible Inference,” Morgan Kaufmann, 1988.
-  W. Dangelmaier, B. Klöpper, and A. Blecken, “An Agent Based Modeling Approach for Stochastic Planning Parameters,” In Holo-MAS 2007, Vol.4659 of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 225-236, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.