Improved Stability Using Environmental Adaptive Yaw Control for Autonomous Unmanned Helicopter and Bifurcation of Maneuvering in Turning
Hiroaki Nakanishi*, Sayaka Kanata**, and Tetsuo Sawaragi*
*Department of Mechanical Engineering and Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Yoshidahonmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
**Department of Aerospace Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Naka-ku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
-  S. Tadokoro et al., “Rescue Robotics: DDT Project on Robots and Systems for Urban Search and Rescue,” Springer, 2009.
-  H. Nakanishi, H. Hashimoto, N. Hosokawa, K. Inoue, and A. Sato, “Autonomous Flight Control System for Intelligent Aero-Robot for Disaster Prevention,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.5, pp. 489-497, 2003.
-  J. Leitner, A. Calise, and J. V. R. Prased, “Analysis of Adaptive Neural Networks for Helicopter Flight Control,” J. of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 972-979, 1997.
-  H. Nakanishi, S. Kanata, T. Sawaragi, and Y. Horiguchi, “Environment Adaptive Heading Control for an Autonomous Unmanned Helicopter,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.46, No.1, pp. 8-15, 2010.
-  B. Mettler, “Identification Modeling and Characteristics of Miniature Rotorcraft,” Kluwer, 2003.
-  A. Sato, “Research, Development and Civil Application of an Autonomous Unmanned Helicopter,” Proc. of AHS-International Forum, Vol.57, 2001.
-  O. Amidi, “An Autonomous Vision-Guided Helicopter,” Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Carnegie Mellon University, August, 1996.
-  A. Ollero et al, “Multiple Eyes in the Skies - Architecture and Perception Issues in the COMETS Unmanned Air Vehicles Project,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, June, pp. 46-57, 2005.
-  B. Etkin and L. D. Reid, “Dynamics of Flight - Stability and Control - 3rd. Edition,” John Wiley&Sons Ltd., 1996.
Supporting Online Materials:[a] http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/menu/report.html
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.