Control of Pneumatic Robots Using Variable Offset Pressure Controller
Naoki Igo and Kiyoshi Hoshino
Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
We proposed a control algorithm for pneumatic actuators which can realize accurate position control. Specifically, the controller achieves quick response and less overshoot using the conventional proportional controller (P-controller) with an offset pressure controller which may increase or decrease the rigidity to the pneumatic actuators. The experimental results showed that a rise time was almost the same as that of the conventional PD controller but a tracking accuracy was improved when the lamp input was given as the target.
-  E. Koyanagi, “Rescue Robot with Active Sub Crawlers,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.28, No.2, pp. 147-150, 2010.
-  K. Ohno and N.Shiroma, “Remote Control Support Technologies for Rescue Robots,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.28, No.2, pp. 160-163, 2010.
-  S. Nozawa, R. Ueda, Y. Kakiuchi, K. Okada, and M. Inaba, “Sensor-Based Integration of Full-Body Object Manipulation Based on Strategy Selection in a Life-Sized Humanoid Robot,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 239-248, 2011.
-  K. Tadakuma, R. Tadakuma, and J. Berengueres, “Tetrahedral Mobile Robot with Spherical Omnidirectional Wheel,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 125-134, 2008.
-  K. Tadano, W. Sumino, and K. Kawashima, “Development of Pneumatically Driven Forceps Manipulator with Force Display,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.27, No.5, pp. 538-545, 2009.
-  Y. Koyabu, I. Kawabuchi, and K. Hoshino, “Control of Humanoid Robot Arm with Air Cylinders as Endoskeletons,” The Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, A, Vol.J88-A, No.11, pp. 1318-1325, 2005.
-  D. Gayan and K. Hoshino, “Control for air cylinder actuator with common bias pressure,” Technical report of IEICE, HIP, Vol.108, No.27, pp. 85-90, 2008.
-  K. Hoshino and D. Gayan, “Actuator,” PCT/JP2009/58619, May 7, 2009.
-  K. Hoshino and I. Kawabuchi, “Mechanism of humanoid robot arm with 7 DOFs having pneumatic actuators,” IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol.E89-A, No.11, pp. 3290-3297, 2006.
-  S. Shin and T. Kitamori, “Model reference learning control for discrete-time nonlinear systems,” Adaptive Systems in Control and Signal Processing 1989, Pergamon Press, pp. 101-106, 1990.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.