Reflective Collision Avoidance for Mobile Service Robot in Person Coexistence Environment
Takafumi Sonoura, Seiji Tokura, Tsuyoshi Tasaki,
Fumio Ozaki, and Nobuto Matsuhira
Corporate Research & Development Center, Toshiba Corporation, 1 Komukai-Toshiba-cho, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki 212-8582, Japan
-  L. Montesano, J. Minguez, and L. Montano, “Probabilistic Scan Matching for Motion Estimation in Unstructured Environments,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2005), pp. 3499-3504, 2005.
-  J. Borenstein and Y. Koren, “Real-Time Obstacle Avoidance for Fast Mobile Robots,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.19, No.5, pp. 1179-1187, 1989.
-  W. L. Xu and S. K. Tso, “Sensor-Based Fuzzy Reactive Navigation of a Mobile Robot Through Local Target Switching,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, Vol.29, No.3, pp. 451-459, 1999.
-  N.Matsuhira, F. Ozaki, S. Tokura, T. Sonoura, T. Tasaki. H. Ogawa, M. Sano, A. Numata, N. Hashimoto, and K. Komoriya, “Development of robotic transportation system - Shopping support system collaborating with environmental cameras and mobile robots,” ISR 2010, pp. 893-898, Munich, 2010.
-  T. Sonoura, S. Tokura, and T. Tasaki, “Robust Movemnt Control Adaptive to Surrounding Environment on Autonomous Robot,” Toshiba Review, Vol.64, No.1, pp. 19-23, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  J. Borenstein and Y. Koren, “The Vector Field Histogram - Fast Obstacle Avoidance for Mobile Robots,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 278-288, 1991.
-  T. Tasaki, S. Tokura, T. Sonoura, F. Ozaki, and N. Matsuhira, “Mobile Robot Self-Localization Based on Tracked Scale and Rotation Invariant Feature Points by Using an Omnidirectional Camera,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2010), pp. 5202-5207, 2010.
-  T. Yoshimi, M. Nishiyama, T. Sonoura, H. Nakamoto, S. Tokura, H. Sato, F. Ozaki, N. Matsuhira, and H. Mizoguchi, “Development of a Person Following Robot with Vision Based Target Detection,” Proc. of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2006), pp. 5286-5291, 2006.
-  M. Sano, T. Takanose, and A. Numata, “Transfer Robot Aimed at Use in Retail Stores,” Toshiba Review, Vol.64, No.1, pp. 48-51, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W. K. Yoon, “RTMiddleware: Distributed Component Middleware for RT (Robot-Technology),” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2005), pp. 3555-3560, Edmonton, 2005.
-  T. Sonoura, T. Yoshimi, M. Nishiyama, H. Nakamoto, S. Tokura, and N. Matsuhira, “Person Following Robot with Vision-based and Sensor Fusion Tracking Algorithm,” Computer Vision, pp. 519-538, November 2008, i-Tech, Vienna, Austria, 2008.
-  S. Tokura, T. Tasaki, T. Sonoura, M. Sano, N. Matsuhira, and K. Komoriya, “Robotic Transportation System for Shopping Support Services,” 18th IEEE Int. Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (Ro-Man), TuBH.3, Toyama, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.