Development of the Energy Simulator for the Water Hydraulic System Under Flow Condition Changes
Satoshi Ashizawa, Toshiya Watanabe, Yuki Kamiya,
Hidenori Aoki, and Takeo Oomichi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Meijo University, 1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tenpaku-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi 468-8502, Japan
The new energy simulator we developed is based on a hydraulic servosystem dynamic flow model introducing flow coefficients determined by Reynolds number. One is the pipe flow coefficient flow determined by the Moody diagram and the other is the servovalve flow coefficient based on flow model experiments. The motor dynamic model is introduced to determine efficiency such as coil resistance or rotor viscosity loss. Leakage of the hydraulic servovalve was also determined by the leak model. The feasibility of the proposed simulator was verified using computer simulation and experiments, showing differences from conventional simulators that depend on manually set parameters such as flow coefficients. Simulation and experiment results agreed well, and the proposed simulator determines hydraulic servosystem energy consumption. New simulator concepts, calculation models, and experiment results are also discussed.
-  United Nations, “Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change,” 1998.
-  T. Matsushima, S. Takagi, and S. Muroyama, “Rack-Mounted DC Power Supply System Utilizing Li-Ion Batteries for Backup,” IEICE trans. on communications, Vol.E88-B, No.11, pp. 4353-4359, 2005.
-  Y. Takada, R. Araki, Y. Nakanishi, M. Nonogaki, K. Ebita, and T. Wakisaka, “Development of Small Fish Robots Powered by Small and Ultra-Light Passive-Type Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics Vol.22, No.2, 2010.
-  M. Hayashida, K. Harusawa, K. Murooka, and Y. Kamiya, “Evaluation on Energy Efficiency of Series Hybrid Power System for Transit Bus,” The Transportation and Logistics Conf., Vol.13, 2004. (in Japanese)
-  K. Hatamura, M. Hitomi, H. Ohe, and T. Kobayashi, “Mean Effective Pressure Increase of Miller Cycle Gasoline Engine,” Trans.of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, Vol.61, No.590, 1995. (in Japanese)
-  K. Yamaji and H. Suzuki, “Research on Variable Cylinders of the Tandem 4-Cylinder Gasoline Engine for Fuel Economy,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics Vol.20, No.1, 2008.
-  T. Oomichi, T. Watanabe, and T. Inayama, “Research of the Green Mechatronics Concept,” Mechanical Engineering Congress, 2010, Japan (MECJ-10) S1501-1-1, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  T. Oomichi, T. Watanabe, and T. Inayama, “Research of the Green Mechatronics Concept Object,” 2010 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics 1P1-B26, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  D. Li and S. E. Salcudean, “Modeling, Simulation, and Control of a Hydraulic Stewart Platform,” Robotics and Automation, 1997. Proc. 1997 IEEE Int. Conf. on.
-  C. Wu and A. Kitagawa, “A Study on Hydraulic Cylinder with Built-in Compound Control Function of Displacement and Thrust,” Trans. of the Japan Fluid Power System Society Vol.36, No.1, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  K. Sanada, M. Fukutomi, K. Fujino, K. Yoshikawa, S. Akamatsu, T. Tkahashi, and Y. Mochizuki, “A Study on Simulation of aWater-Hydraulic System for a Molding Press,” Trans. of the Japan Fluid Power System Society, Vol.33, No.4, 2002. (in Japanese)
-  T. Watanabe, T. Inayama, and T. Oomichi, “Development of the Small Flow Rate Water Hydraulic Servo Valve,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.3, 2010.
-  N. Akiyama and Y. Yoshiro, “The Discharge Coefficient of Spool Type Hydraulic Valve: 3rd Report, The Taper Land Spool Valve,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.37, No.307, 1971. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Nakamura, S. Washio, and K. Syojino, “Measurement and Modeling of Poppet Valve Characteristics,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.68, No.668, 2002. (in Japanese)
-  S. Ashizawa, Y. Kuromiya, T. Watanabe, T. Oomichi, and J. Maeda, “Development of Dismantling Robot for Ceiling Boards – Human-Robot Cooperative System and System Design of the Robot –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics Vol.22, No.2, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.